5'0-5'1 ladies weight loss

Options
-What was your starting weight?
-Current weight
-How much did you lose?
-How long it take you?
- waist,hips and thighs measurements
-What was your diet and exercise routine?
-before and after pics

I just started today and I weigh 125 right now (5'0ft) and I want to get down to 105-107

Replies

• xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    SW - 137
    CW - 115

Waist - 31 to 27 in
    Hips - 41 to 37 in

It took me about 8 months. More exercise than food restriction.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'0"

SW - 134 lbs
    CW - 113.7 lbs
    GW - 105-110 lbs

Waist before - 31
    waist current - 26.5

Hips before - 37
    Hips current - 35.5

took me about 4 months. Both calorie counting and exercise.

Was on 1200 calories but now increased it to about 1400.

I started off with beginners workouts from fitnessblender. Then did 30 DS. The blogilates 30 day beginners calender. Currently doing Ripped in 30.
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    bump. I am just starting too, but I'm 4'10
  • lilytop14
    lilytop14 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a re-starter, 5ft. Only want to get 10lbs off, but finding it incredibly hard to do. Unable to do any serious exercise at the moment (recovering from illness) so the most i'm doing is trying to get some walking in each day.

Any guidance on gentle exercise??
  • Kittiegirl06
    Kittiegirl06 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0". I am currently 162 lbs, started at 172 lbs. Took me... probably, 11 months so far. My goal is about 110 lbs.

Reason it is taking so long, is because I didn't lose at the beginning, and I stalled many times. Basically, I haven't put 100% into it. But, I am still aiming for my goal!
    I have had maybe 4 lbs lost since this fall. Once the winter weather is out of the way, I will be back on my bike and making for progress!
  • alyssa42012
    Options
    HW: 136
    SW: 114
    CW: 109
    GW: 99

I'm a little on the shorter side (4'10) and I didn't actually start actively trying to lose weight until after I gave birth to my daughter. I lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks by cutting carbs. It seems as though it just fell off! The great thing about being short is that even small amounts of weight shows.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    5'1"

SW: 160
    CW: 127

Mostly a lot of walking whenever I can (work break, work lunch, after work). Calorie counting helps a lot. Remember, it's 80% what you eat and 20% exercise :D Feel free to add me. I don't promise to inspire, but I promise to be there to encourage and push you to try harder.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    4'11
    SW:168
    CW: 137-8
    GW:128-9

I do strength training 3-4 days a week and 1 day of cardio. Right now, I net 1350 calories a day.
    My profile pic shows my before and current pictures.
  • tmw1018
    tmw1018 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'0

SW: 150
    CW: 126
    GW: 118

I've got inflammatory arthritis in the hips so only do low-impact cardio, walking and yoga for my exercise routine. Diet is mostly fish, veggies, and low carbs in the. It's taken a few years to lose and keep it off - I'd like to get down to between 115-118.

The weight tends to come off more quickly when I skip the alcohol and sugars, but I love chocolate so I am experiencing a (temporary) plateau. :) I am relatively new to forums but happy to provide support in the form of virtual cheering!
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ITs tough being a petite and seeing all my tall friends at my weight yet they are a size 2!

I am 5'0" and at my absolute heaviest I was 175 (7 years ago). I lost the first 25 lbs with weight watchers, but stopped losing and I was starving all the time!

I'm currently around 140. I started lifting weights in September but really didn't get a handle on my diet until December and I cut out all alcohol on Jan 1. Since December, I haven't see a lot of scale movement but I've gone from a size 10P to a very comfortable 8P in about a month.

My current workout is following P90X3 (Lean), half-marathon training (my 14th), and heavy weights 3 times a week.

It try to hit 1500 calories a day, but I'm terrible at logging my dinners (my diary is open).

Feel free to friend me.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    5'1.5 here I started out at 250 lbs. I'm currently 120 lbs want to get to 110 lbs.

Starting inches:
    waste: 44 inches
    chest: 45 inches
    arms: 12.5 inches
    hips: 50 inches
    calves: 17 inches
    thighs: 25

Current inches:
    waste: 28inches
    chest: 31 inches
    arms: 8.5 inches
    hips: 31 inches
    calves: 10 inches
    thighs: 15

Most current photo's on the right
    lehc6.jpg

Face shots
    15dszux.jpg
  • Jessiejla80
    Jessiejla80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1
    Starting Weight and Measurements 133lbs (9/2013 when I started) Waist 30.5 inches Hips 39 inches
    CW 114lbs (1/2014) Waist 25.5 inches Hips 35 inches
    I starting eating Paleo and stopped eating out so much. I exercise around 4-5 days/ wk but do more weight lifting than cardio.

Jan2014front.jpg
    Jan2014back.jpgJan2014.jpg
  • HappyChater
    HappyChater Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my weight loss challenge! You guys are really giving me hope that I can do this! So Thank you!

I am 4"11.5

HW ( non pregnant) 168
    SW 159
    CW 151

Hips 40
    Waist 36.5

My goal is 130lbs then I will go down from there.

I would love to lose 10in in my waist!

When you're short and you gain 5lbs I swear it's like you've gained 15lbs. Hard to find jeans to fit b/c society thinks most short people are skinny! I have an athletic built.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!