Need help for ideas quick and easy protein snacks??

Options
I am lost for ideas on quick and easy protein snacks that I can eat for breakfast and at work that dont require too much preparation. Any ideas would be appreciated!! :smile:

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Protein Shakes?? Nuts?? Peanut butter?
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I had time and grilled 5 chicken breasts yesterday. They will keep ok for a few days. I eat 2 oz at the time.

Oh and you can cook egg beaters in the microwave. HIGH protein and low everything else.
  • amygos
    amygos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereal, dry. 1 cup is only 140 calories and it's kind of sweet. Also Fage greek yogurt!
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs of almonds, string cheeses, protein bars. Today I was in a time crunch and had a fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonalds and half of a Pure Protein bar....kept me full all morning! And it was only like 240 calories or something like that!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Tuna on crackers, peanut butter on celery, lunch meat with crackers and cheese (homemade lunchable), protein shake...
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    Greek yogurt, with black berries or any berries and agave nectar! SOOOO good and the yogurt has TONS of protein!!
  • HannahWhitfield7
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • beachsplinky
    Options
    For me, the quickest, easiest and purest-> I drink my egg whites (like a small glass of skim milk to me). I get the All Whites brand in the carton, which are pasteurized so safe and also I believe the processing includes a lot of filtering/mixing as it isn't icky like real egg whites can be. I also find it doesn't taste eggy, again to me and my girlfriend like a glass of milk. So, 1 cup of it is a cool 24g of a high caliber protien with no fat/suger/carbs and most of all NO PREP! Great to add to protien shakes to thicken in place of water.

2nd best is I make Jennie-O extra lean ground turkey meatballs I can take with me in a ziplock. Have a few snack backs in fridge ready to go!

3rd, I'll cube up cooked chicken breasts and make mini-kabobs to go, I'll skewer the chicken cubes with serrano peppers/broccoli bits/other available veggies onto wooden kabob sticks I broke into thirds so I can have 3 or so in a ziplock ready to go.

4th, Finally turkey and salmon jerky.... I've found some relatively low sodium packs at whole foods... I want to get a jerky maker so I can experiment on leaving out salt altogehter.

5th, I always have a protien drink shaker around in truck or office with individual packs of protien powder for an emergency protien snack. Just add water and shake. I avoid protien bars due to all the sat fat they seem to have (haven't found a good brand myself anyway).

6th, I always have boiled eggs ready to go! 1 Dozen are boiled and waiting and I'll have a few unshelled in ziplocks.

7th, most prep required, but use protien powder with sugar/fat free jello to make some potent protien pudding. I have these on-hand ready to go in lil plastic containers.

8th, I keep a handful of the lil plastic chunk lit tuna packs in my truck with some plastic spoons. NOT the pre-mixed tuna salad but just the tuna itself.

So these are some quick, low prep or easy grab-and-go ideas I came up with... Love to read more.!
  • alyciaengel
    alyciaengel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • lefrance12
    Options
    a Kashi Flax Granola bar and a protein shake will do the job for sure!!