ALMOND BUTTER v PEANUT BUTTER v NUTELLA

Options
Which one do I choose??
Not really interested in PB2 because it seems like its highly processed... unless I have been misinformed

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    For me, I will eat the entire jar of Nutella so I stick to both organic peanut or almond butter which I can eat 1 or 2 tablespoons at a sitting.
    I spread the nut butters on apples, bananas or sourdough pretzels.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    If I were to choose, I'd go with almond butter, as I like the taste better than peanut butter and I find it has the macro and micronutrients that suits my diet better. Nutella is crack - one taste and I'll end up in a back alley dumpster covered in empty Nutella jars.

By the way, have you tried hazelnut butter. Very good, too!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like. But nutella has added sugar, and the other two should not.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I like almond butter more than peanut butter, just flavor-wise.

Nutella :drinker: Made me a fan of hazelnuts
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the PB2. FYI...nutritional facts (Note: the ingredients)
    Ingredients:
    Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat 0.01 g
    Cholesterol 0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1%
    Iron 0%
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Nutella is crack - one taste and I'll end up in a back alley dumpster covered in empty Nutella jars.

LOL
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Nutella is a trigger for me. I'd rather mix cacao powder and almond butter with a little honey and call it good. So.. almond butter.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Whatever you think tastes better on whatever you're putting it on?
  • mandi_spicer
    mandi_spicer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Usually pb. Unless I'm eating apple slices, then always almond butter. Never tried nutella.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Which one do I choose??
    Not really interested in PB2 because it seems like its highly processed... unless I have been misinformed

It isn't any more processed then any of the nut butters. It is just peanuts. It actually has less ingredients than 95% of most peanut butters. They just remove the oil (fat).
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Nutella. Not even a contest here.

nutella_348812.jpg
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm....NUTELLA!!!
  • Chizakura
    Chizakura Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nutella is a trigger for me as well. I usually have peanut butter. I either make it myself in my Vitamix, or I'll buy 100% peanuts butter (ie, the ingredients literally say: Just peanuts)

Almond butter goes great with fruit though. :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    almond butter! just the almonds. :) nutella is more of a treat. natural peanut butter is also fine but almond butter is a great choice for getting your vitamin e. Also, almond butter is from a tree nut, whereas peanuts are actually legumes and can cause bloating in some individuals.

okay, i agree. nutella is a trigger for me and for me, it's like crack in a jar!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    skippy does a natural dark chocolate and peanut butter spread. that is one of my main go-to "cheater" snacks. :) nutella is too sweet for my liking.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nutella is crack - one taste and I'll end up in a back alley dumpster covered in empty Nutella jars.
    Ha! This! I bought my sons some Nutella last night, and let me tell ya...I'm staying the hell away from!!! That's a dessert food, IMO.
    I eat 2 Tbs of natural peanut butter (ground fresh at the grocery store) on whole wheat toast every day at work for lunch. I really just love the taste of peanuts I guess, but almond butter is also very good. I general like my almonds whole though as a snack, plus the butter is a little expensive for daily use. I recommend doing some taste tests to see what you like best, and definitely read the labels. I think the Smuckers Natural PB is very good, and there is nothing added except for a little bit of salt. Most peanut butters taste different from one another because they have all kinds of extra added junk. But hey, I still buy Jif Creamy because that's what my very fit husband and sons really like.
  • fitgirlforlife1
    Options
    Nutella is crap and highly processed as well. Almond butter and peanut butter are the best choices as long as they dont have anything but peanuts and almonds in them, i.e.no sugar, oil, etc
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Which one do I choose??
    Almond butter is more nutritious than PB. Nutella isn't really a nut butter, in my mind. It's great, I buy it all the time. But it has the nutritional profile of chocolate frosting with a few grams more protein, due to the nuts. The others are usually purely nuts or nuts and salt, assuming you're buying the 'natural' versions.
  • BOC57
    BOC57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the almond butter because of the micro nutrients and because I prefer the taste. It can be considerably more expensive, though. But in the end I think it is really just a personal choice. I'm a big fan of nuts in general. . Nutella is the devil, at least for me, and so I wouldn't dare bring it in the house.
  • caseybaby84
    caseybaby84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can get fresh peanut butter from Whole Foods. Only Peanuts! You squeeze them in the machine yourself.