ALMOND BUTTER v PEANUT BUTTER v NUTELLA

Options

Replies

• ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the PB2. FYI...nutritional facts (Note: the ingredients)
    Ingredients:
    Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat 0.01 g
    Cholesterol 0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1%
    Iron 0%

Right... PB2 should be natural peanut butter (the kind you stir and refrigerate), but just without as much oil in the top of the jar :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I make my own peanut butter...lightly salted, roasted peanuts. I've never been able to get into almond butter even though I love almonds and eat them pretty much daily. Nutella is just not my thing.
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're using it for. I like the taste of almond butter so I use that in place of peanut butter for most things (like sandwiches), but I still keep peanut butter on hand to make sauces. And Nutella's more of a dessert thing.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Nutella is candy.
    The other two are nut butters.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Although Almond Butter is delicious, peanut butter is the victor. Why do you say?

pbco-wcw-2012-web-lrg.jpg
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I have all of them in the cabinet at home. Sometimes I'll even throw a sunflower seed or soy butter in the mix. The only thing is Nutella really is more sugary. IMO it tastes like chocolate frosting - I think of it as a dessert food.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If you get the opportunity to have sunflower butter, try it, its amazing.

As far as the other nut butters go, I think it varies per company and product, read your labels. We get organic almond butter from Costco.

I would not classify Nutella as a nut butter as much as I would a treat food. I love nutella and will not give it up and am fortunate enough to be able to eat it in moderation. My sister on the other hand, well she opens up a jar and its gone with in an hour.
  • trank406
    Options
    Nutella all the way.. but that's only because it tastes incredible! Something I used to love to eat as a child when I lived in Athens and they had Croissants filled with Nutella in the inside.. amazing!
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Adam's peanut butter. I've tried replacing it with almond butter, but it just doesn't do it for me.
  • MzFyreKitty
    Options
    PB2 from Bell Plantation (their official site) reduces fat through a chemical-free process. Like all Bell Plantation products, PB2 and Chocolate PB2 are all natural, preservative free, and contain no artificial sweeteners. Ingredients:
    Ingredients Roasted peanuts, sugar, and salt

Wish that it didn't have sugar or salt in it so I could decide if I want to ad my own preference of sweetener

Nutrella (From NutrellaUSA site) • Over 50 Hazelnuts per 13 oz. Jar
    • Contains No Artificial Colors
    • Contains No Artificial Preservatives

INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, PALM OIL, HAZELNUTS, COCOA, SKIM MILK, REDUCED MINERALS WHEY (MILK), LECITHIN AS EMULSIFIER (SOY), VANILLIN: AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.

If you are using an all natural peanut butter or almond butter, they would probably be the best unless you need to reduce the fat intake for medical reasons ... Nutrella seems to be pretty much just junk food though with oil and artificial flavor and sugar as the primary ingredient. Probably not bad to have if you aren't a sugar addict (like me) and if it doesn't set you off, on Occasion.

I just love to have some totally fresh almond butter like at Wild Oats when we lived in Albuquerque (20 years ago) you could put your own nuts (organic) into the machine and make your own natural. YUMMY. I have to be careful with that too tho:(
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    the real winner

DSC_0146.jpg
  • jdyg81
    jdyg81 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nutella is crack - one taste and I'll end up in a back alley dumpster covered in empty Nutella jars.

LOL

I'll be there with you
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    the real winner

DSC_0146.jpg

OH...............MY....................GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what is happening at my house Valentines day. :happy:
  • DanielleMendall
    Options
    Nutella is the equivalent of eating frosting (21g of sugar) so treat it like an indulgence. There is a brand called "Justin's" chocolate hazelnut butter, which is listed in this book I'm reading. It is the healthier option to Nutella at only 7 g of sugar. The first two ingredients in this brand are hazelnuts and almonds. I haven't tried it yet since I just learned about this one.

If comparing almond butter to PB, almond butter has slightly fewer calories, twice the fiber and 3 more grams healthy fat, and a lot less sodium. Also has more vitamin E. I've never tried almond butter but I'm going to get some as I'm sure I'll like it. Can't wait to try it!

There is a new book out called "Eat It To Beat It", it has some great tips on what foods to stay away from at home and in restaurants. ( Original price of the book was $22, Walmart was $14.95, but I went on Amazon for my Kindle, $9.95)

Good luck everyone!
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Anything ending in butter usually means trouble for me, so I'd go with Nutella!
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Also try Jif's new Whips Chocolate PB, only 140 cals/2 tbsp.... it should be a sin to have that stuff! Tastes great with jelly!!!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    questions like these are why IIFYM or flexible dieting was invented. The answer is whatever you like and fits your targets.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I usually eat peanut butter. Almond butter is good too, but I prefer PB.

I can't keep Nutella in my house because it won't last. It's a trigger and I can't have it around. lol
  • tmw1018
    tmw1018 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love all things nut butter and would totally do nutella if I could have milk. I buy the single serve packets of Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter for when I want something that tastes like it. The stats are comparable to other nut butters.
  • bi0nicw0man
    bi0nicw0man Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    THIS!
    Nutella is candy.
    The other two are nut butters.

Being sure, of course, that the nut butters are all natural. The standard super market brands (like Kraft or Jiffie) are sugar laden.