ALMOND BUTTER v PEANUT BUTTER v NUTELLA

Options

Replies

• astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    No, i also loathe Nutella.
    it was fabulous when I was a kid but they changed the recipe and it tastes nothing like what it used to.
    Crappy ingredients .. the quality has seriously suffered.

tastes like rubbish now. I make my own. Tastes like the real thing :)
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The question is are you going for healthiest or most delicious? Because Nutella is by far the most delicious, but it is no where near the healthier choice.

Nutella is no less healthy than peanut butter.

Are talking your average peanut butter with all sorts of additives or are you talking natural peanut butter?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The question is are you going for healthiest or most delicious? Because Nutella is by far the most delicious, but it is no where near the healthier choice.

They paid settlement money after being sued for their commercials claiming if you smear it on whole wheat toast, it's part of a healthy breakfast. I guess it depends on your definition.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/new-economy/2012/0427/Nutella-settles-lawsuit.-You-can-get-20
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options

However, lately I've been eating my peanut butter WITH my nutella. Best of both worlds!

If you put that on a bread.... it is like... a Reese's sandwich!!!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Are talking your average peanut butter with all sorts of additives or are you talking natural peanut butter?

Either, because the nutritional value of both of those is identical.
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to peanuts so started eating sunbutter
    gives me the taste of peanut butter but is made from sunflower seeds and has ingredients that all 4 I can read and know what it is.
    have been told it is healthier then peanut butter and my kids love it so they didn't mind that we didn't have peanut butter in the house .
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Nutella > anything else.
  • M5jdu009
    M5jdu009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is where I get sad... The fiance is allergic to all nuts, so if I want to be around him, I can't eat it either. Soooooo, we've started eating sunbutter. It tastes just like peanut butter, only made out of sunflower seeds instead. And it is soooooo good. Now, if we can get a sunflower seed Nutella....
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I like almond butter and peanut butter, love hazelnut butter and cashew butter. Nutella... used to love it, used to be like crack to me, but to be honest it's a bit sweet for me nowadays. I have the odd spoonful now and then. (My inner chocolate snob prefers proper gianduja).
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    Now that would make me happy lol
    I became allergic to peanuts when I was 30 so I know what i was missing but with sunbutter I don't miss not having peanut butter
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    cashew butter

or Justin's makes a "healthy" nutella like spread
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Nutella but only if you can control yourself..I for the record can't. Other than that both almond butter and PB are delicious but my recent favorite is Pecan butter.
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    I don't understand the real push to substitute any other butter, natural or regular, for your everyday run of the mill peanut butter. Last time I checked at the store, there just wasn't that much difference in calories and fat between any of them.
    The only thing I've found that has any substantial difference is the PB2 stuff.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the real push to substitute any other butter, natural or regular, for your everyday run of the mill peanut butter. Last time I checked at the store, there just wasn't that much difference in calories and fat between any of them.
    The only thing I've found that has any substantial difference is the PB2 stuff.

They taste different.......
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    nutella_348812.jpg

mmmmm..nutella...happiness in a jar **saliva dripping down my face**
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    CookieButter.jpg

ETA: spread this stuff on one saltine, spread nutella on another saltine, make a sandwich with them, eat, repeat, thank me via PM.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't have much of a sweet tooth either so I much prefer PB. Nutella really does just take like sugar to me. (which is fine if you like that).

I also made some hazelnut butter one time with no added sugar. Now THAT was like crack. The whole batch didn't even last one night. Haven't made it since. :laugh:

LOL at comparing nutritional values of PB vs nutella. If you are that worried about getting all your micronutrient needs you should probably eat both just to cover all bases. (banana, pb and nutella sandwich is really good actually)
  • catsplash
    Options
    Recently, I bought powdered peanut butter. You add water to prepare and it is just as flavorful as the high fat prepared pb.
    2 tbsp is 1.5g of fat, sodium 94mg, carb 5g and fiber 2g and protein 5g. Just another idea.
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    Recently, I bought powdered peanut butter....it is just as flavorful as the high fat prepared pb.

Ummmmm, yeah.....not so much. ;) LOL

It's good, but not nearly as good as the real thing.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I also made some hazelnut butter one time with no added sugar. Now THAT was like crack. The whole batch didn't even last one night. Haven't made it since. :laugh:

that's my favourite. I make it with cocoa added and THAT, my friend, is crack-in-a-jar :D