Picky eater snack ideas.

Options
Yup, I am definitely a picky eater.
Struggling to think of fun and flavorful snack ideas.

I am definitely your plain jane when it comes to eating, If things call for onions or mushrooms, whole tomatos, Etc i will avoid it, use a powder spice or substitute the item with something else ( cream of mushroom, becomes cream of chicken )

Right now my snacks have been consisting of cheese and crackers, egg salad on a slice of toast, baby carrots and raspberry vinegrette.. but im stumped for ideas.

picky eaters out there, please help me!!

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    bump

maybe jello, pudding, trail mix, raisens
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Don't eat snacks! Then you don't need to worry :P
  • AmazinglyKriss
    Options
    LOL.
    I enjoy a snack between meals.. especially when i work in a kitchen.
    Running around all day for 12 hours makes you hungry
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    100 calorie pretzel packs are good and quick, and you can dip them in cream cheese! Or you could eat them plain. I also like to spread hummus on toast. Almonds are a pretty good go to as well, they usually keep me satisfied
  • AmazinglyKriss
    Options
    pretzels with cream cheese sounds amazing :)
    Thanks i will consider that one
  • AmazinglyKriss
    Options
    bump
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My favourite snacks:

pita bread with hummus
    carrots with tzatziki
    grapes with cottage cheese
    apple slices with peanut butter
    bran cereal with almond milk
    greek yogurt and granola
    Toast or bagel with cream cheese and veggies slices (usually tomato, cucumber, or bell pepper)
    banana wrapped up in tortilla with peanut butter (for something higher cal, like after a workout)
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love crispy Braeburn apple slices with Laughing Cow light cheese spread on them. I use either Swiss or White Cheddar. The apple is about 60 calories and the light cheese wedges are only 35 calories each. Yum!
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I thought it was Fussy Eater? Today its Picky Eater. Cant we just compromise and combine the two?
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My go-to options are peanut butter filled pretzels and beef jerky--the jerky is a good way to get more protein. I get them both in large quantities at Costco.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I thought it was Fussy Eater? Today its Picky Eater. Cant we just compromise and combine the two?

:laugh:
  • AmazinglyKriss
    Options
    so like ****y eater?? hahahaha
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Quest bars - there are enough awesome flavours to satisfy even the fussiest eater
    Chobani yoghurt (ditto)
    Cheese slices
    Peanuts in the shell
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Everyone's "picky" is different but here's some ideas:
    Plain rice cake topped with nut butter and a sliced banana
    Banana or apple with peanut butter
    Oatmeal
    Nuts or trail mix
    Dry cereal
    Hard boiled eggs
    Deli meat wraps (cheese or veggies inside)
    Popcorn
    Baked chips
    Hummus and carrots
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am definitely a picky eater.
    Struggling to think of fun and flavorful snack ideas.

I am definitely your plain jane when it comes to eating, If things call for onions or mushrooms, whole tomatos, Etc i will avoid it, use a powder spice or substitute the item with something else ( cream of mushroom, becomes cream of chicken )

Right now my snacks have been consisting of cheese and crackers, egg salad on a slice of toast, baby carrots and raspberry vinegrette.. but im stumped for ideas.

picky eaters out there, please help me!!

None of those snacks sound all that healthy to me...

Do you like hummus? Try that with carrots instead of a vinaigrette, which basically has no nutritional value and isn't filling at all.

Have apples and cheese or apples and peanut/almond butter instead of cheese and crackers. The fiber in the apple and fats from the nut butters will keep you full longer.

Egg salad is usually full of large amounts of mayonnaise...try plain hard boiled egg sliced with a little salt and pepper, on whole wheat toast. Fruit is always a convenient and portable snack. Cottage cheese mixed with fruit, or salt and peppered on toast is really good, too.
  • AmazinglyKriss
    Options
    While i appreciate you offering suggestions to the snacks i am already eating..
    i dont like hummus, and i make the egg salad myself, so i control whats going into it.
    I don't eat fruit. The texture is very gross to me.
    I wont eat it in any format, desserts, natural, smoothies, nothing. lol
    I don't like peanut butter. ( im probably the only person in the world )

I never experience the sensation of being "full" or "satisfied" even when i was eating 4-6K in calories..
    My snack ideas are for three reasons, to stop me from over eating at meals..
    And to trick my mind into thinking i am eating more when im really keeping to my calorie goal.
    And to not get bored of food, cause that has happened before.

:) i am happy with the way i am doing things and the only way i am going to continue is if im happy with what im eating also.
    but thank you all the same tho!
  • kckelly50
    kckelly50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the apple slices with Laughing Cow cinnamon cheese. It is very good with a hand full of wheat thins. This is also very good with grapes.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Handful of nuts
    Almond butter spread on oatcakes
    Protein pancakes
    Banana pancakes
    Feta cheese with olives (or your cheese of choice)
    Vegetable crudités with salsa dip/sour cream/any dip really (Can make dips yourself to ensure they are healthier)
    Healthy oat bars - are quick easy to make (I made mine with oats, peanut butter, blended dates and almond milk and set them in fridge - but you could substitute peanut butter for almond butter, or perhaps coconut oil. Look for a recipe for your favourite combination.
    Quinoa crisps

I think it must be hard to find a snack, when you do not like fruits but perhaps try to persevere with at least one fruit at first.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Learn to measure out 1 ounce of nuts. How about ALMOND butter? Would you like fruit dried? In a train? In the rain? Would you eat it here or there? Would you eat it anywhere?
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    im a former picky eater. and some would consider me still a picky eater but ive come a LONG way.
    my biggest suggestion is to keep trying new things and try things you thought u didnt like prepared a different way. you'd be surprised.

some milder flavored veggies that i never thought i would like in a million years are eggplant and zucchini. so we eat a lot of those and many different ways in our house.

just keep trying. see a veggie on sale buy it and look up a recipe using it, sneak them in.