military!!Calorie intake IM NEW..doing insanity also.HELP!!

Options
Hey guys im in pretty good shape for my job in the military but am 29yr old and my stomach is starting to pudge which I don't like ...im 5 10 173 and really want to maintain my weight but LOSE THE BELLY im starting to see. Help im doing insanity week 3 and watching the calories and eating sensible foods...MFP say I need around 1900 calories to lose some or over 2000 to maintain so first question do I need to hit that number in NET or the number before the workout goes in???????// Also I am trying to tighting everything up with INSANITY and Running...IDEAS??? HELP PLEASE thanks guys...

Replies

• Thelala
    Thelala Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think the baseline is to stay the same weight. For me it says 1200 but that just keeps me where I am.
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know the answer to one of your questions: When you enter aerobic exercise, MFP counts it basically as a "negative food," that is, it subtracts calories from your total. So if you burned 400 calories, your goal would be to eat 2300 calories.

Edit: "Roodica" is right, too. I forgot about that setting.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That's your baseline.

I'm confused, why the "military!!" ?
  • roodica
    roodica Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Depends - if you set up MFP with the estimated exercise that you do to include the workouts and with the weight loss/maitenance that you want then the number is the number you should aim for, If you didnt include the workouts then you can add these in as additional exercise and eat the additional calories
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What do you need help with?
  • eaglefan09
    Options
    well im lean and just wanting to know if insanity and running and eating sensible will get rid of that belly trying to approach?? more ideas..
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you're lean, you don't have a belly by definition.

Are you trying to ask how to keep from gaining weight?