Body pump class at goodlife fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    yeah if you're interested in body building, then body pump is not what you want to do.

There I think i fixed it.

If you are interested in ANYTHING besides cardio, then body pump isn't for you. Not just body building. Olympic Lifting, power-lifting, strong man, general strength, bikini contest, figure athlete, body builder natural/pro, cross fit, etc.
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    Body Pump class is great for toning/definition. :)
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Love my Body Pump class........and BACK TO THE QUESTION!!!
    I had a good calorie burn of 375 today doing the newest track. I plug in my own exercise (named it Body Pump for obvious reasons)
    Go to exercise, then My Exercise, Name it in the blank rectangular box :smile: I have a HRM so I know how many calories burned and add it!

I also need to add that I am in really good shape both lean muscle mass and cardio wise. IF you're arguing that bodypump is ONLY a cardio class then why are my muscles sore the following day? Wouldn't that be indicitive of having torn the muscle due to stress? I'm not a know it all, or even trying to pretend I know much of anything, but do enlighten me!
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a hrm and enter it in as cardio labeled Body PUmp and enter my calorie burn.

Imo, you actually CAN build muscle in a body pump class. I know plenty of people that have, including myself. I do go as heavy as I can and often have trouble finishing each track. It took me some time to get the weight right, but I would rather fail at finishing a track then have it be too light. My strength has improved overtime and my muscles are fatigued and sore from a class. My muscle growth is not dramatic, but it is visible. If that is not strength training, then I don't know what is.
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    MERCI! Both ladies!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It's a circuit training/aerobic class. If it's what you dig, have at it. I'm not saying your muscles are going to atrophy just because you're doing high-rep work, but please don't push the whole "low weight/high rep is good for lean muscles" myth that has been perpetuated to women for so long.
  • heavenboundkim92
    Options
    560 calories at average weight, although at 168lbs (me) only burned 420 :( guess I have to up my game. ;)
  • heavenboundkim92
    Options
    you are burning much more than what you burn for weight lifting, much more... ;)
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    560 calories at average weight, although at 168lbs (me) only burned 420 :( guess I have to up my game. ;)

I only do from 350 to 450 depending on the release (150lbs and almost 6 ft). Newer releases are usually 400+. I did R81 yesterday and clocked 429 via my HRM. Did an older release on the weekend and came in around 338. My dh (218 lbs or so) does anywhere from low 600 to mid 750 so I think it is an average for men and women. He really loads up for squats and back so that makes a big difference too.

I have gotten great results from BP in the last year or so. Getting a lot of positive feedback, especially on my arms/shoulders.