Hi! I'm a newbie looking for some connections for support

Options
Hello!

Happy New Year everyone! I am 38, have 2 little girls and a hubby. I have a goal to lose 35lbs ASAP. lol. But have a goal date for the end of May. I have signed myself up for some running events to help keep me focused to that goal and then maintain it.

I have been trying for about a year now to lose this same weight and haven't done it yet. It's time.

I started back to the gym yesterday - felt GREAT!

I would love to connect with new friends who are willing to share tips, recipes and some motivation now and then. It would also be great if I could find those busy people who can understand the head space it can take to focus on a new goal. I remember back when I would go to the gym 'for something to do' lol Ahhhh, how times change. :)

Looking forward to meeting some new people! Best of luck to everyone with their goals!

Replies

• FemmeFire
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me ;D
    Renee
  • hauhaut901
    hauhaut901 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey =) Welcome to the forums , feel free to add me ^_^
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I did the 30 pound drop in 2007 but I have snuck back up again 12 pounds. Glad to share tips.
  • jennycully
    jennycully Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. All the best with your weight loss journey :)
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome to where all the cool kids hang:)
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as well. Anyone who is serous about losing the weight they don't want, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and optimizing the fitness level that you want is someone I'd like to know here!

I've lost 47 lbs since July and have 23 more to go. I used to love to run but the worse my diet became and the heavier I got, I stopped. :( Now I'm back running again and I am on the site daily, keeping myself motivated and, I hope, motivating others. It's definitely the support that has helped me lose the weight I already have and keeps me on track! We can do this!
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I could use some connections for support also...feel free to add me!!!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sent invite!
  • SheenaLMurphy
    SheenaLMurphy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Wow - thanks very much for the nice welcome! :)

I am still learning how all this works so I might be clumsy for a bit with replies etc.

I had a couple questions about my runs...just a couple local 5Ks and then a 30K at the end of March (which I am NO where close to being able to do at this point - lol - but I am still going to do my best) and then a Warrior Dash in July. There is one more...but I can't think of when it is off the top of my head. May?? Anyway, have to get running more. I am very new to running. I made a goal in 2013 to 'learn to run 5K' and once I did it I was anxious to do better. I've never enjoyed running much...too bouncy y'know. ;) But the more weight I lose the easier it is becoming.

I added those who messaged me and will figure out how to add the rest of you!