Need Weight Watcher Recipes

Options
My husband and I recently started weight watchers! I'm trying to find some "man friendly" aka CARNIVORE friendly recipes to make him for dinner haha! He's used to meaty chili, beef stew, stuff like that....... I'm afraid he's going to get discouraged if I don't quit cooking CHICKEN lol!!! Please help!!!

Replies

• changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I recently got the weight watcher "momentum" cook book. It's loaded with good stuff in it, and splenty of beef and pork recipes. Everything is really yummy!
  • lenaxox
    Options
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=89521

this is MY favorite favorite chili i have ever had!!!! im not on WW anymore but we still eat it and i made it all the time!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    if you google weight watcher recipes there are several great site. I'm at work and don't have my list. But l think 2 are aimeeadventures.com and anglefire.com Not sure hope that helps.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Haven't made this, but it's from the weight watchers website...reviews say you may need to up the seasonings to taste

Skillet Beef and Beer Stew

POINTS® Value: 5
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 40 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This hearty one-pot meal can be prepared in just one hour. Double the recipe and freeze for too-busy-to-cook days.

Ingredients

1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
    12 oz lean beef round, roast, cut into cubes
    1 medium onion(s), chopped
    1 medium bell pepper(s), chopped
    2 medium garlic clove(s), minced (or 1 tsp jarred minced garlic)
    2 medium potato(es), peeled and diced
    24 medium baby carrots, about 1/2 lb
    1 cup(s) fat-free beef broth
    8 oz light beer
    1/4 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
    2 Tbsp cornstarch
    1 tsp paprika

Instructions
    Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, pepper and garlic; cook until beef is browned, stirring, about 3 minutes.

Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth and beer; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 30 minutes.

Stir together evaporated milk, cornstarch and paprika in a small cup; add to beef mixture and stir to combine. Cook until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes more. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    YUM! That sounds great. I think I have everything at home already.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump