New here

Options
I just joined this site...so far so good. I don't have much to lose, but it's the last that's the hardest. I've been trying to lose the last 10-15 pounds for about 2 months now. The main problem I have is sticking with it. It's getting cold outside and I am doing less. I would hate to have to wait till May to start...I want to look good by then. I have a Gold's Gym treadmill, a weight gym, Yoga Buns, Hip Hop Abs, and I live in the country.....so it's all there I just need to use it. The other set back I have is Hubby...he is always bringing in chocolate, junk food, and eating snacks in front of me which sometimes makes me want a snack. Also I am a stay at home mom so I get bored during the day and look for "quick food". I'm trying my best to not give in....going good for the past few days. I do have comfort in knowing that when I do finaly hit my goal I will be able to maintain that weight. I started a year ago at 193 and am currently at 140...so I know I can do it (all done in the summer). It would be better if I had afriend to go with...but oh well...no one in my town is interested. Good luck to you all, and happy holidays.

Replies

• mrslawson2006
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ann, I just wanted to say good luck. and keep up the good work.. You are obvesly doing something right. I just stared my diet a coupld of weeks ago. My younger sister who will be graduating this school year is planning on joining the Army. And she has to get into shape. So our older sister and I decided that we would work out and lose weight with her.. I have been walking up to last week. I sprained my ankle and that kinda put me a step back.. But today going to walk in a lil while. Anyways. So good luck with anything. if you need someone to talk to I am here.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    welcome, this is a great site and should help you reach your goals
  • fit4me33
    Options
    Thanks. i need all the help Ican get right now. Winter is upon us and it's hard for me to get outside. I guess I should suck it up and put more clothes on and just go. I have the treadmill, but it get's boring. Plus there are days I just don't want to do anything (part of my illness). It's nice to know I have a support group.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Julianne and I am a 26 year old mom. I have a difficult story but I am willing to share it. After the birth of my daughter in June 2006, I struggled to get back into shape. Having been in the Navy for 2 years 8 mos, I knew what kind of discipline I needed in order to get my body back to normal. While struggling with weight loss and an eating disorder, I sank down to 110lbs. Soon after this I kept hearing that I looked "sick". In November of 2009, my husband introduced P90X into our lives. He has been doing this program since. In June 2010, I started my first round of P90x, I got through my 90 days, gained about 20 "good" pounds of muscle and strength, and am now living a healthier lifestyle. I got awesome results with this program. After my 90 days, my husband and I have decided to try for another baby. I still work out everyday but take it slow with the exercise programs. I just started TURBO FIRE and I am looking forward to seeing some great results! I am also happier than ever and have an awesome Coach...he is my husband.