Struggling

It seems like everytime I get started, I get a setback. In September I quit smoking, then 2 weeks later discovered I have high blood sugar. I get it, eat less carbs, stabilize blood sugar. I started using MFP, keeping carbs semi-low, calories at a deficit, losing pounds at a good pace. (14 pounds in 7 weeks) Feeling pretty good.

Started exercising a couple weeks ago. Just walking, stationary bike. Cleaned the corrosion off my Wii Fit. I wanted a heart rate monitor so I downloaded an app. My resting heart rate is 42-48. I am so frustrated. I made a Dr appointment next week but I haven't been since I was a kid. He's probably going to tell me I have all kinds of diseases. Ugh.

I'm 32 with a BMI of 32. I want to lose weight and get healthy. Just seems so unfair.

Vent over, thanks.

Replies

• teafor212
    teafor212 Posts: 1 Member
    I am new here, (my first week). I have health issues of my own, and just wanted to reach out to you.
    I am so impressed with all of the major adjustments you have made for your health. Your body is no doubt much healthier for it. Even if it isn't where you would like/need it to be yet. By making a Dr.'s appointment you have made another smart decision for your health.
    Knowledge is power.
    Whatever you learn in there is a powerful tool. It will be so much easier now that you are on such a healthy path. Also, there are countless treatment options, and none of them have to be forever.
    You're doing GREAT. Stay the course :)
  • Your weight loss success is amazing!!!
    How are you feeling is the question?
    How are you feeling with out all the measurements and heart rates and blood sugar?
    Is it the reading that are throwing you off or...?
  • yetieddie
    yetieddie Posts: 28 Member
    Knowledge is power, and knowing is better than any condition you were in before. You've taken control of the reigns and you have already turned the corner from one street to another. Things like this will take a loooong time to come up to where you want them. But the hard choice and the work has begun with some great results! How you feel and your personal health are key. The rest will come. Get the facts, continue to face it head on and you will be in control, not the problems.

Best wishes!
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Thanks. I feel fine. But my mother has congestive heart failure and 2 other heart diseases. She had a triple bypass when she was 44. She had a massive heart attack 2 years ago and really shouldn't even be here still. But she is 57 and at the end of her life. Everyday is iffy for her. Her mother died from heart disease at 60.

I think I have been in denial too long, thinking it wouldn't happen to me. Now when I see my mother it's like looking in a future mirror.

This is probably more than MFP can handle lol.
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Considering this my personal vent thread...turns out it's cancer which explains a lot. Thinking about giving up on the whole weight loss thing for a while until I get my biopsy results and have a treatment plan in place. Just seems a little trivial now.
  • wabadabadoo
    wabadabadoo Posts: 43 Member
    Stumbled across this. How is it going?
  • I am so sorry! I hope you have a treatment plan in place. Take care of yourself-the calorie counting can wait until you are in a good place in your life. Good luck!!
  • If you do have cancer would it not be better to get your body as healthy and strong as possible to face the challenges ahead?

I have watched a series of documentaries on women who fought their cancer purely through diet. Just eating clean green veggies and a little bit of fruit.

All the real fresh stuff, nothing packaged, sugary or chemical. You can check it out here: http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

Might help you? I wasn't overweight but I was having fatigue, sickness, muscular pain and migraine headaches. After switching to a clean green diet, bought a juicer and having lots of green juices and smoothies, I no longer have any of those symptoms.

Maybe look into it? wish you all the best x
  • blessman
    blessman Posts: 15 Member
    I'm in a fun workout group on Facebook. Everyone is so positive and supportive. We would love to have you join us! Send me a Facebook friend request if you're interested! (My FB link is Facebook.com/brad.lessman.1).