starting 30 day shred tonight...... anyone else????

Options
I bought Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred yesterday and my niece went and bought it today..... she is in Nebraska and I am in Iowa but we are both going to start it today!! anyone else wanna spend the next 30 days with us??????????

Replies

• ryanmelissa09
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred right now. On day 13 today!!! I love it. However I have not lost 1lb yet I can feel myself getting more toned and building more muscle. I am probably losing inches. I choose to do level 1 for 2 weeks . Tomorrow I will be switiching to level two for one week and then onto level 3. Good luck. Im sure youll love it!!! Allthough jillian can get a bit annoying lol .... best wishes girls!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have heard that alot of people don't lose a ton of weight doing it, but tone up! I am all for that too!! Its surely can't hurt me I figure!!
  • Jess814
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred over the summer & people actually started to tell me that I looked better after just a week & a half. You have to be motivated to do it & I quit after awhile 'cause I got too busy with school. But, I'm starting it up again pretty soon! So, I'm with ya. :)
  • Jungster
    Options
    I bought it a while back and haven't started it yet...so I'm in!
  • driscollmc
    Options
    i just bought it today, so i'll be starting it soon! also, my parents just told me that we're going to puerto vallarta for spring break this year, which means i need to get cookin' if i want that hot beach bod haha!
  • KatHartigan
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 of level 1 of the 30 Day Shred with my husband. wow. exhausted! Looking forward to kicking some more butt tomorrow though!
    Does anyone know how to log the 30 Day Shred under exercise? roughly how many calories are burned?

*kat*
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    I log it as circuit training for 25 mins . Roughly , depending on your weight i believe about 180 calories.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1, level 1 today too.. kicked my butt fo sure. I will try to keep up and check in daily with it.. good luck all!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Did the shred last month...didn't lose much weight, but still lost 1.25" from my belly. As long as the fat is going, I won't complain about the weight. Good luck!!!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    i just started tonight too! i found out that i can do one real push-up! then it's all downhill from there :blushing: i bet all of us who just started will be hurting real bad tomorrow. but that's how you know it's working, right?
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    im in!!!!!
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    today was day 14 and i just moved to level two and boy it is way more intense than level one. Phew! Definitely going to keep focused though. Good luck to everyone.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 for me and so far I love it! I haven't lost any weight yet but I can already tell a difference in my endurance and my arms are looking pretty awesome. The first 2 days REALLY KICKED MY BUTT!!! Jillian will make you hate push-ups and jumping jacks lol! I'm still a little sore...but the key to getting rid of soreness is to do it again! Hopefully I will see some weight loss soon! Good luck!
    Dixie
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    Today is day 5 for me and so far I love it! I haven't lost any weight yet but I can already tell a difference in my endurance and my arms are looking pretty awesome. The first 2 days REALLY KICKED MY BUTT!!! Jillian will make you hate push-ups and jumping jacks lol! I'm still a little sore...but the key to getting rid of soreness is to do it again! Hopefully I will see some weight loss soon! Good luck!
    Dixie

I hear you on this girl! You just got to suck it up and keep at it. I have not lost any weight either, just maintaining but I can definitely feel and see a difference :)
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    well, I did a 2nd day of it .. question though - is it 30 consecutive days or simply 30 days in total? How is everyone else approaching this? Are you taking rest days? :huh:
  • KatHartigan
    Options
    I'm not taking any rest days. I completed day 2 today! I procrastinated, but the husband kicked my bum..... I'm excited 'cause it was already easier and seemed to take A LOT less time (even though it actually didn't...)
    Hope I can see results soon-ish.... I'm so scared that NOTHING will happen during the 30 days, besides me realizing how out of shape I am..
    *kat*
  • Chrislw75
    Chrislw75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6. I am starting to get really bored with the first workout. It is still tough in spots but I'm tired of the same exercises. Has anyone found this to be an issue? I am thinking of trying workout two tomorrow just to see.
  • masonsmomma
    masonsmomma Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 8 of the Shred. The first 4 days I was doing Level 1 and switched to Level 2 after. The past few days I have been doing Level 1 in the morning and Level 2 at night. I am thinking about doing both levels every other day and in between I will do just level 2 until I can dare try level 3 :) when I started the shred I weighed in at almost 116 lbs and this morning I weighed in at 112.2 lbs. I can definitely see my arms more toned than before I started. Hopefully I will keep seeing results as the next few weeks go by. :)
  • bluenice
    bluenice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought it a few weeks back, did it once, haven't done it again. So... okay, sure, I'm in! I'll start tomorrow. (Really? 30 days straight? Okay...)
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 day shred today.... and am excited! To be fair, I will do a weigh in and measurements prior and then very likely at each week. I watched the first video and it looked a lot like the bootcamp class at my gym that I loved but can no longer attend because of school. As a side note, are you counting the calories as circuit training? I don't have a heart rate monitor but best guess would be 250-300 cals as 40 min at the gym was about 530. Will keep you posted!