re restart the restart!!!!

Options
hey this is my story always fighting my weight since a kid and yo-yo dieted to death ever been going to the gym. though from about 2006 I got with my current guy at 210 so was big but he was ok and still would be whist got more comfortable ended up in march 2012 finding I was 248lbs so called enough is enough and during 2012 I lose 63lbs and then last year lose another 18lbs though over the Christmas period I have since gained 7, think is im still not my goal weight of 140 and still want to lose 28ish pounds though these days I go to the gym and joined a running club last January. I would like one final push as getting married in may to would like to if possible lose 28lbs my april. can I do this? thinking of using slim fast, as well as my healthy ending?

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    forget slim fast (or any other shake/gimmick/whatever) and think long term maintenance. you need a calorie deficit (i.e. eat less than you burn off) so log all of what you eat and stick to your calorie goal. Also go to the gym and lift weights, that firms up your muscles and improves your shape generally, plus it helps ensure that the weight you lose is all fat, not muscle mass or bone density. The result is that you look fitter and fit into smaller clothes.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    forget slim fast (or any other shake/gimmick/whatever) and think long term maintenance.
    Gotta agree, there. No point in looking for a quick fix. Spend your energy looking for something you can live with, a lifestyle change that you can carry with you for the long haul. You're not going to want to lose all this weight all over again a few years down the road, right?
  • blkericia
    blkericia Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    you can do it fast and have it come back or slow and have it not, the choice is yours but i think if you eat right and no process foods you can for sure do it, remember your lifestyle depends on it. good luck!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat to a reasonable caloric deficit. Log your food - be accurate, be consistent and be patient.
  • bkukoyi
    Options
    I agree with everyone..stick to something u can do for the long haul