FYI: don't walk and chew gum at the same time!

Options
if you're watching your carbs!

who knew gum had carbs...even the sugar free stuff.

I chew a lot of gum throughout the day...gotta watch that...and log it too!

Also Splenda has 1 carb per packet...I go through about 10 packets a day! I don't like the flavor of Stevia.

Replies

• qualitymama
    qualitymama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    good to know !
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just realized that myself about splenda. i logged it one day just because and noticed it had carbs....i was only concerned with calories but need to make sure to log everything i put past my lips just to be aware! I chew alot of gum too, to curb the sweet cravings!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    I know! I'm totally an admitted "GUM ADDICT!!" The calories for sugar-free gum seem kinda ridiculous but it is what it is...log it!:angry:
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I chew gum during my runs on cooler mornings because it keeps my throat from getting dry and also makes me breath with my mouth shut more. All well in good until one morning I had to cough and my gum went flying out onto the pavement. oops
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Liquid splenda does not have carbs. The powdered packets have carbs due to the maltodextrin in it for the "bulking" agent.
  • prestoncaleb
    prestoncaleb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good to know about the liquid Splenda!

I do have a sweet tooth.

:-)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    if you're watching your carbs!

who knew gum had carbs...even the sugar free stuff.

I chew a lot of gum throughout the day...gotta watch that...and log it too!

Also Splenda has 1 carb per packet...I go through about 10 packets a day! I don't like the flavor of Stevia.

That's only 10 carbs, not even worth worrying about to be honest.