NSV...Wedding ring!

Options
About a month ago I had to take off my wedding ring. It had been tight for a while, but this time it was too tight. I couldn't get it off easily. I was devastated. I teased my husband that I needed a new ring. But inside I knew I loved my ring, and it wasn't a cheap ring, I wanted to keep this one. I knew I needed to lose weight. Well I could wear it during the day but at night my fingers would swell up too much. Last night, I WAS ABLE TO SLEEP WITH MY RING ON! Now, don't get me wrong, it is still too tight. Just not cut off circulation tight anymore :P In no time, it will fit like a gem. Then some day I may have to have it sized smaller :D:D:D

Replies

• Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome feeling!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Before you know it that ring will be loose :)
  • lydre
    lydre Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I hope that every time you look down at your hand that the ring now not only reminds you of the love you share with your husband but also the things that YOU are capable of! :)
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I totally get it! I can barely wear mine now cause it's too big and just spins on my finger. Drives me crazy. FYI windex is the best thing to use when rings get stuck. :) Keep up the good work! Add me if you want to.
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's huge!! Congrats!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome! I kind of have the same problem....my fingers swell and my ring gets uncomfortably tight. But, lately, I've been able to wear it all the time and I'm loving it!
  • ashleymmannisto
    ashleymmannisto Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I've actually been able to wear it a few nights in a row! So, I do believe my nights of taking it off are over!!! :D:D:D
  • ashleymmannisto
    ashleymmannisto Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I hope that every time you look down at your hand that the ring now not only reminds you of the love you share with your husband but also the things that YOU are capable of! :)

Yes this! :)
  • misemise
    misemise Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just sent my engagement ring to the jewellers to be re-sized smaller! bye bye chubby fingers!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Isn't it such a nice feeling? I know my engagement ring is getting pretty big and it's a nice little victory.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    About a month ago I had to take off my wedding ring. It had been tight for a while, but this time it was too tight. I couldn't get it off easily. I was devastated. I teased my husband that I needed a new ring. But inside I knew I loved my ring, and it wasn't a cheap ring, I wanted to keep this one. I knew I needed to lose weight. Well I could wear it during the day but at night my fingers would swell up too much. Last night, I WAS ABLE TO SLEEP WITH MY RING ON! Now, don't get me wrong, it is still too tight. Just not cut off circulation tight anymore :P In no time, it will fit like a gem. Then some day I may have to have it sized smaller :D:D:D
    This was me in April and now I use tape to keep it on. Once I hit goal I will have it resized.you will be amazed how fast it will happen! Congrats!
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    It is a blessing and a curse LOL. My ring size went down by 3 sizes, my wedding band was a size 7 and my ring finger is now a size 4. Due to the pattern on my band they couldn't resize it, so I had to get one of those flexible things on the inside so I can wear it again. I also had an inscription on the inside of my band, but it can no longer been seen because of the sizer sigh!! Like I said a blessing and a curse but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Congrats on your success, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!