Water Water everywhere

Options
I am trying to find out the size of a glass when they say drink 6-8 glasses a day, I drink pints so how can I work this out please?

Currently only on my 4th pint of water of the day

Replies

• mummyknapp
    mummyknapp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Think I have found it, is it around 3.5 pints??
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about being so precise. However, the NHS recommends (via The European Food Safety Authority) that women drink around 1.6 litres of fluid a day (around 2.8 pints), adjusted depending on activity, size etc.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/water-drinks.aspx

Thanks Nye Bevan.
  • Princ3ssj
    Princ3ssj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    a cup of water is 8oz, a pint is 2 cups.

drink up! Drinking water throughout the day you should never truly feel thirsty. Once you get use to using the bathroom very frequently, drinking water gets easier.
    There is a lot of different information out there about how much we should drink in a day... half your weight in ounces, 8 cups, 10 glasses... It does depend on how active you are during the day and what else youre drinking. Things like soda, juice and coffee will dehydrate you.
    I carry around a 32oz water bottle and try to drink 2-3 of them a day.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it. Drink when you're thirsty, stop when you aren't. Everything you drink "counts" toward hydration, as well as most food. Your body is very good at telling you whether you need to drink or not, as it's a purely physiological response, not hormonally driven like hunger.

If you're going to the bathroom often, you're drinking too much and wasting water, as your body is t receiving any benefit from the water and is just eliminating it. The body can only absorb a few ounces of water per hour.
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    8- 8 oz cups/glasses per day. that is 64 oz.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    a cup of water is 8oz, a pint is 2 cups.

drink up! Drinking water throughout the day you should never truly feel thirsty.

^^ 100%
    My goal is 10 - 12 (8 oz) cups a day