Tough Mudder Training

Options
Anyone have tips or advice for me, I am just getting ready to start training for The Tough Mudder (its next July). Any advice helps, thanks!

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Anyone have tips or advice for me, I am just getting ready to start training for The Tough Mudder (its next July). Any advice helps, thanks!

I don't have advice specifically for tough mudder, but I suggest giving more details about your current fitness levels, such as -

Do you currently run?
    How far do you run each week?
    How many times a week do you run?
    What's your best mile time, 5k time, etc...?
    Do you do any other cardio?
    Do you do any resistance training?
    Have you previously run a Tough Mudder or similar race?
    What was your time?
    Were there any areas in particular you struggled with?

This information will help people much more knowledgeable than me to help you much better.

Also, this is kind of in the wrong forum. Put it in Fitness and Exercise, or even better search for a Tough Mudder group -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=tough+mudder
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first Tough Mudder in June 2014! Feel free to add for mutual motivation :)

I'm focusing on circuit training, intervals, and some distance running - the Tough Mudder website has some great tips for training, but I found that the circuit training they suggest is very similar to most exercises across the levels of 30 Day Shred, so I will be incorporating that also!

Best of luck.
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I really really want to do a Tough Mudder...I hope you do it! I think the one in my area is before July...I'm scared! :)
  • thinbyragbrai
    thinbyragbrai Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If it is really muddy duct tape your shoes to your feet that day so you don't lose them in the mud.