Options

Replies

• zazieinedinburgh
    Options
    FFS
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I go for nut butters other than peanut, with nothing added...

One of my favourites is walnut butter, just ordered hazelnut from iherb to add to my collection. If I want chocolatey nut spread, I add cacao :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    CookieButter.jpg

ETA: spread this stuff on one saltine, spread nutella on another saltine, make a sandwich with them, eat, repeat, thank me via PM.
    I just eat it as demonstrated in the photo.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Which one do I choose??
    Not really interested in PB2 because it seems like its highly processed... unless I have been misinformed

Choose for what?

Almond butter and peanut butter are VERY diffrent than Nutella.

Nutella is chocolate with a tiny bit of hazelnut added. The first (primary) ingredient is sugar. You'll probably get more nut content in a Hershey bar with almonds.

Almond butter and peanut butter will differ by brand, but should usually list the nut as the first and sometimes only ingredient. I would choose whichever you prefer the taste of. Personally, I love peanut butter and am not a fan of almond butter (even though I prefer almonds to peanuts when eaten whole).

I like natural peanut butter that contains only peanuts and salt. But brand doesn't matter. I just get whatever is cheapest when I run out.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I would choose whichever you prefer the taste of.

Edited to remove fluff ;)
  • bcattoes
    Options
    The question is are you going for healthiest or most delicious? Because Nutella is by far the most delicious, but it is no where near the healthier choice.

Nutella is no less healthy than peanut butter.

Are talking your average peanut butter with all sorts of additives or are you talking natural peanut butter?

He's just trying to bait you into an argument.
  • Sweetredpoison
    Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If I have a jar of nutella I would eat nutella for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's basically chocolate in a jar. I'm really interested in the PB2 peanut butter.. they also have a chocolate version although I've never tried it before.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    The question is are you going for healthiest or most delicious? Because Nutella is by far the most delicious, but it is no where near the healthier choice.

Nutella is no less healthy than peanut butter.

Are talking your average peanut butter with all sorts of additives or are you talking natural peanut butter?

He's just trying to bait you into an argument.

No, I'm not. I'm trying to state facts. Nutella IS no less healthy than peanut butter. I'd be a lot happier if people said "oh nice, I'll eat the one I like best then!" instead of "he's trying to bait you into an argument because he thinks he's better than everyone else in the world" the way you often do.

Nutella is no less healthy than peanut butter. The nutritional difference between them is essentially zero, whether you're looking at micronutrients or macronutrients. It's so insignificant that enjoyment is by far the overriding factor.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    chocoPb1.jpg
  • bcattoes
    Options
    The nutritional difference between them is essentially zero, whether you're looking at micronutrients or macronutrients. It's so insignificant that enjoyment is by far the overriding factor.

Absolute nonsense.

Per 2 tbsp serviing of each:
    Nutella has 21g carb, 21g sugar, 1g fiber (according to their label).
    Peanut butter w/ added salt has 6g carbs, 3g sugar, 2g fiber (http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4819)

21 - 6 =/= 0

Protein - Nutella 2g, Peanut Butter, 8g
    8 - 2 =/= 0
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    highly processed

So?
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Nutella.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Whatever you like. But nutella has added sugar, and the other two should not.

Nah, peanut butters are normally high in added sugars and poor quality hydrogenated oils.

Almond is naturally sweet and the unfooled around with kind is smooth even without unsavory oils. Peanut butter without those oils is decent, but not much like the PB you're probably used to in terms of texture and flavor.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Nutella. Not even a contest here.

nutella_348812.jpg

What is the bread for??? And a knife??

We all use spoons right and get the 1 serving size jars at Costco .... (ha haha).

It is crack!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I dont' give a crap what's in what but I love the argument that PB is so highly processed and full of junk but somehow we believe Nutella isn't? Aside from the people who admit it's like frosting.

In any case, I've tried natural peanut butter and I don't enjoy it nearly as much.

I stick with highly processed, delicious tasting, Skippy peanut butter. Mmmmm

To each their own though! I haven't tried almond butter but would give it a try. There is a time and place for all three I'm sure!

ETA: I thought this would be a friendly conversation about delicious food but it seems like it's a clean eating thread - of which I am not :(
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I have a jar of almond butter at home. It's not bad, but not great either.
  • Americannabis
    Options
    Sunflower butter.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and nutella for me!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    [

Nah, peanut butters are normally high in added sugars and poor quality hydrogenated oils.

Define "high". Because to me, arguing over 1 or 2 grams of sugar and a half a gram of fat that has non-detectable levels of trans fat* sounds fairly trivial.

*Non-detectable levels of trans-fatty acids in peanut butter. Sanders, TH. J Agric Food Chem. 2001 May;49(5):2349-51.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of almond butter at home. It's not bad, but not great either.

cashew butter is where it's at...