A Month of 400 Calorie Meals - Recipes

Options

Replies

• lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I made the Roasted Shrimp with Peppers and Lemon last night (day 2) and it was pretty good. I doubled the bell peppers but nothing else. It was supposed to serve four...no way. So, it served two (with the double bell peppers!). Even with upping the serving, it was still under 400 calories (without rice). I think it came out to 367. Anyway, I didn't know how the spices/flavors were going to come together, but they were pretty good.

I made rice and only had half a cup. All together it was something like 480-some calories and a pretty satisfying meal. I will make it again becuase it was totally easy (took me maybe 15 minutes to throw together and it roasted for another 12).
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Going to give these a try. Thanks!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks!
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Simbaby09
    Simbaby09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Bump to check this out later! Thanks :)
  • Pintado
    Pintado Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Brilliant – thanks for sharing! I like to eat meals in the 400-600 cals, and so many 'diet soups' don't come near that. Here's my contribution – a delicious moroccan chickpea and couscous soup: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2303683/moroccan-tomato-and-chickpea-soup-with-couscous-. A big bowlful with a spoonful of full-fat yoghurt brings it up to around 400 calories, and we sometimes have a batch from the freezer for dinner with grilled chicken on the side. YUM.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Hope it's okay to add to this thread, I'm new to posting here so may be trespassing, sorry!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1162644/spicy-cajun-chicken-quinoa

I had this tonight, soooo filling and tasty. 386 cals and 47g of protein a serving!!!! I made double and froze 6 portions lol.

Oooh, that sounds good.
  • whoaitsmegan
    whoaitsmegan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I plan a week's meals at a time and do all the cooking for my family. It's so hard sometimes just deciding what to cook, so I'm always looking for new ideas.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have been searching for some new healthy recipes! Another good one I stumbled upon this week www.skinnytaste.com
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • psylvester1
    Options
    bump
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing :)
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    This seems cool, a lot of ingredients to buy but totally worth the shot - thank you for sharing
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    thanks - bumping to read later! :)
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think it would be tough to follow for a month - there would be too many leftovers. I could see making a dish every few days and having the same dinner a few nights in a row.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - definitely going to try some of these!