DYINGGGGGGGGG for CHOCOLATE!

Options
It's only my second day, and I can't even really count yesterday because i overloaded on chips and today I am DYING for a king size peanut butter twix. I can't take it. I'm CRAVING it. It's taking all of the strength in me to not go to the store and load up. WHAT CAN I DOOOOO.

Replies

• MiaBellaFaith
    MiaBellaFaith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's only my second day, and I can't even really count yesterday because i overloaded on chips and today I am DYING for a king size peanut butter twix. I can't take it. I'm CRAVING it. It's taking all of the strength in me to not go to the store and load up. WHAT CAN I DOOOOO.
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Drink water, take a long walk. it is hard in the beginning but you will get through it if you are serious about losing weight.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Easy Tiger...

You don't HAVE to get the king size one....I am sure the gas station would have a regular size one.
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    For my sweet tooth I get sugar free chocolate jello pudding made with fat free milk... it helps some or half a whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter & bananas... Oh those 100 calorie packs work too!!Good Luck:)
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be king size? If I were in your position, I would wait at least 30 minutes and see what happens. If it doesn't pass, I would go the regular size bar and enjoy every single bite. Afterward, I would take stock in how I felt and note it for next time.

I believe everything in moderation.

Probably not what you were looking for.....sorry. :bigsmile:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Go look up how many calories there are in one of the candies you crave. Figure out how many minutes you'd have to walk to "earn" the candy. Find a store that far away and walk there to get it.

Or do any exercise you want to "earn" the candy. Do the exercise first and then enjoy every bite, eat it slowly, taste it, make it an event that doesn't involve any guilt or regret. It will be a good learning experience.

Do it.
  • MiaBellaFaith
    MiaBellaFaith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be King size, but that's usually what I get. I like the pudding idea. I'll have to try that.
    What you people don't realize is.... that's ALL i eat is sugar. I make meals out of it. Breakfast, I'll eat about 4-5 brownies that I made the night before... then lunch I'll probably just repeat... then dinner maybe a hamburger and a king size pb twix. This is torture. No joke.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Well, usually losing a small amount of weight is a bit more difficult then losing a large amount like I have to. You may need to rethink how you fuel your body if you want the weight to come off.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    For moments like this, I buy the Godiva Chocolate Pearls. They come in a little tin that's a bit bigger than a Tic-Tac container, and you can have the whole container for 220 calories. I find that 3 or 4 of the pearls satisfies my craving and I end up eating a very small amount of calories. Plus, it's not cheap or bland chocolate...it's Godiva! So that little pearl is a bite of heaven! I found them at Boscov's. They were a bit pricey, but I think it was well worth it!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    For moments like this, I buy the Godiva Chocolate Pearls. They come in a little tin that's a bit bigger than a Tic-Tac container, and you can have the whole container for 220 calories. I find that 3 or 4 of the pearls satisfies my craving and I end up eating a very small amount of calories. Plus, it's not cheap or bland chocolate...it's Godiva! So that little pearl is a bite of heaven! I found them at Boscov's. They were a bit pricey, but I think it was well worth it!

Ohhh I've never heard of these....I am intrigued.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

Ohhh I've never heard of these....I am intrigued.

LOL they are WONDERFUL! I decided that when I am going to splurge I am going to splurge on the best of the best, following the theory that the first bite is the best tasting and most flavorful and that after that we don't really taste the food anymore, and no bite after that will taste as good as the first bite or so (I read that in a book somewhere, but can't remember where...kind of like the 3 bite dessert philosophy). It's good to know that I can eat the whole tin worth of chocolate but I really only need a few to satisfy the craving.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I like that idea....I kinda do that with my frozen chocolate...buy nice stuff then freeze it so I have to wait for it to defrost if I REALLY want it.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Oooh that's a good idea, freezing the chocolate...I play all kinds of mind games with myself, and for whatever reason they help...I wrote up a dieter's pledge, all the things that I am promising myself that I will do, and I had it notorized. It's hardly a legally binding document, but somehow having it notorized made it seem official, like I had to stick with it. I also carry around my goal weight picture with me every where I go. It comes in handy in those moments where I think...I can splurge on just this one thing...it makes me think about whether or not it's really worth it to me. Also, when I'm exercising and feel like I want to stop, I always ask myself, "If getting to my goal weight depended on finishing this one workout, would you work harder and finish it?" The answer of course is always yes. No, my goal weight isn't dependent solely on one single workout, but each workout is a step toward that goal weight, and somehow asking myself that question always gets me over the hump to finish my workout.
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just find the nutrition profile for whatever it is I'm desperately craving, and figure out if I can make room for the calories in my daily allotment.

I do try to manage some kind of balanced meals, but allow myself a few empty calories on a fairly regular basis, just so I don't go insane and splurge on sugar and fat. :)

I like the Hershey's Nuggets, they tend to run about 50-55 calories apiece. Nibble one til it's gone, and IMO, that's not TOO much dietary trauma.

I like the 'three bites' idea, that does seem liveable.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oh, man...I love my chocolate :heart:

I found 3 Musketeers Mint with dark chocolate, YUM! I buy a bag of minis, so a serving size is 7 pieces with 180 calories. After I pop just one, so much delight....:love: Usually not more than 3, but waaaaay better than a regular size. Oh, I also keep them in the refrigerator drawer, in the back. Less temptation if I can't see them staring at me every time I open the fridge!!:bigsmile:

Now, drink a big glass of water and then ask yourself how much you really want that king size candy bar!! Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    Eat dark chocolate instead.
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I agree with dottompson's line of thinking. Just see how much walking/biking/swimming it takes to burn it off. Do the exercise and then eat the REGULAR size bar and enjoy it. I have found that as I do this, my "sweet-tooth" craving have lessened because I know what it takes to burn it off.