Stuck,Stuck, and more Stuck

Options
I'm stuck! I am a 22 year old female who is 5'6''. I weight 175 today but started at 181 in early December. I am stuck at 175. My initial couple of pounds that I lost were instantaneous. I do have a public diary so feel free to look around and critique. I started working out about 2 weeks ago thinking this would help be get off that 175 mark. I would love and appreciate any help.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If your diary is accurate, you are not eating enough calories to cover your BMR (basic metabolic rate). I also see a lot of high sodium foods, which won't inhibit true weight loss but may mask it by causing you to retain water.

Run your numbers and start eating at least up to your BMR. You are usually below 950 calories a day. That's not doing anything for your health.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    If your diary is accurate, you are not eating enough calories to cover your BMR (basic metabolic rate). I also see a lot of high sodium foods, which won't inhibit true weight loss but may mask it by causing you to retain water.

Run your numbers and start eating at least up to your BMR. You are usually below 950 calories a day. That's not doing anything for your health.

This
  • lindsaymarcin
    lindsaymarcin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    agree with the others....eat more and drink more water! :)
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    how are you working out? my guess is its not optimal for weight loss. also your food choices are not the best. the good news is between the exercise and the mess of a diet improvement will be easy
  • JamieBeth19
    JamieBeth19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

If I drink a lot of water will this combat the sodium? I drink a minimum of 4 cups a day and have recently made it to 9 cups. I would be really sad to see some of those high sodium things go :( But I've gotta do what I've gotta do.
  • JamieBeth19
    Options
    how are you working out? my guess is its not optimal for weight loss. also your food choices are not the best. the good news is between the exercise and the mess of a diet improvement will be easy

I usually do about 20-25 minutes on the elliptical a day. Today I had a half hour tennis lesson. My diet is tricky, I am SO picky. I do not like any green foods, except kiwi. I eat like a kid for the most part. If you have any good foods you'd like to recommend I'm up to try them as long as they aren't green.
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    unfortunately green is good. things that are fairly tasty but still could fit into diet I would approve of would be rice cakes, certain protein bars, almonds, greek yogurt, cottage cheese with fruit. the ultimate food for filling out a diet though is chicken breast. easy to cook, cheap, very healthy and you can make it taste good a 1000 different ways.

30 minutes on the elliptical isnt going to get your very far. you need to workout with weights(hard) to get that metabolism racing. then adding the elliptical will be ok. 30 minutes on a decent difficulty on the stepmill will work much better than the elliptical.
  • JamieBeth19
    Options
    Charliebelin thank you so much for the suggestions, I will start incorporating the foods that you recommended. I am trying to move towards more green food. I will try to blend a tad in with fruit smoothie to mask the taste lol maybe that will help! Thanks again, I appreciate it!
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get something stuck I normally push really hard or pull.