Cheap, low calorie recipies

Options
SarahJains
SarahJains Posts: 35 Member
Does anybody have any low calorie recipe ideas for dinner that are also easy on the purse strings?

I'd love to know what other people eat as I'm always stuck!

Replies

• DevWall44
    DevWall44 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pinterest? There have tons of great recipes!
  • SarahJains
    SarahJains Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I haven't, I will have a look now :) thanks
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorite meals:

Soy/Apple pork over brown rice (leftover pork is great over salad for lunch). Marinate lean pork in 1/4C soy, 1/4 Cup Apple Juice, 1 T brown sugar, 1T Red Pepper flakes. Brown in skillet (use Pam to keep from sticking). Once brown add remaining marinade to pan to cook and thicken. Serve over rice. I tend to chop raw spinach up and put it into the rice after it cooks. Looks nice and sneaks veggie in for the kids.

BBQ or soutwestern chicken breast with sweet potato fries. Standard BBQ chicken. Cut sweet poatoes into fries or cubes In a bag or bowl add 1-2T EVOO (depending on how many potatoes), 1T Chili Powder, 1 T Garlic salt or Mrs Dash. Bake in single layer at 400 for 15 minutes. I usually serve with salad to get some color into the meal.

Tacos are always a hit. I make mine into a salad rather than using the flours to save calories. We use salsa instead of tomatos for shelf live purposes.

Good luck!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pinterest? There have tons of great recipes!

Yup! Also, skinnytaste.com has a lot of recipes and includes the nutrition information. They also have a lot of slow cooker recipes.