HELP!!!! SODA PROBLEM

Options
OK, I WAS DOING REALLY GOOD FROM NOV 18TH-DEC 20TH! I WAS EXERCISING NOT DRINKING COKE AND ONLY DRINKING WATER AND I LOST 10.2 POUNDS!!! THAN THE HOLIDAYS HIT AND I'VE BEEN DRINKING COKES AGAIN ALL THE TIME AND NOT WORKING OUT!!! I'M AFRAID TO GET ON THE SCALE AND SEE WHAT IT SAYS!!! IT MAKES IT SO HARD BECAUSE MY HUSBAND EATS SWEETS AND JUNK AND DRINKS COKES ALL THE TIME BUT THE SWEET AND JUNK DON'T BOTHER ME. MY PROBLEM IS COKE!!!! I NEEDS SOME TIPS ON HOW TO CUT THEM OUT COMPLETELY AND NOT GET TEMPTED WITH THE COKES IN THE HOUSE! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Try to make them fit into your day?
    Try to limit yourself to a couple per day?
    Try to reduce by one everyday?

p.s. please stop yelling :flowerforyou:
  • kimmym0324
    kimmym0324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    lol, i forget my caps is on, i have to keep it on for work and forget its on, thanks!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Who does the grocery shopping? Stop buying it.. Switch to diet.
  • thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero. It tastes just like Coke and is zero calories. Try that or Diet Pepsi. After two weeks you be used to them and Coke will be TOO sweet for you.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a soda drinker as well-

When there is soda in the house (which is all the time) - I label it in my mind as "HIS" soda - I get caffine free stuff from time to time for my kids as a treat- which is the "KIDS" soda

& I will get special soda for me when i am in the mood for it- as a treat - now that being said- I get diet green tea with honey all the time & am addicted to the MIO flavor adds to water- LOVE LOVE LOVE them- found a pineapple coconut that Dissani makes Oh My soo good

hope this helps{{HUGS}}
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Soda was a big issue for me as well...especially since my work provides it free to employees. I used to drink between 3 and 6 cans of soda per day. For me it was baby steps. I cut it back to one per day...then I cut it back to allowing myself a soda 3x weekly...then just a couple times per week...then once per week. After several weeks I was only having one every couple of weeks...then maybe one per month and really wan't thinking about it any more.

I have one very occasionally now...occasionally like I haven't actually had one since Sept I think...when I was camping the weekend after labor day.

Just ween yourself off...it's really just about getting out of the habit. I don't even think about them anymore even though they're still all around me at work and I have old stock piles of it in the garage at home.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Fit it into your day............everything in moderation.

I love chocolate....I'm not going chocolate free for the rest of my life....so I need to DEAL with chocolate. I allow myself to have a small portion everyday. I buy the individually wrapped squares.

Soda - I can mindlessly chug down a large portion of diet soda. Now, I allow myself 1 - 12 oz can each day.....and because of that I drink it much slower now.

Buy smaller portions.....drink water.....drink unsweetened iced tea....make water more desirable.....add lemon wedges....make sure it's cold. It takes time to change habits.
  • kimmym0324
    kimmym0324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank yall!!!!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero. It tastes just like Coke and is zero calories. Try that or Diet Pepsi. After two weeks you be used to them and Coke will be TOO sweet for you.

This. Or, there's several 10 calorie options now. Sunkist, Dr. Pepper, 7up etc all now have 10 calorie options, and at least for the Sunkist, it's for 12 ounces so the equivalent of a can :)
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My first step to no soda was cutting back from a daily 20 oz of Diet Coke or Coke Zero to one 20 oz/week. I did that for about 2 years. Finally, last October I said I could cut it out completely. The first few weeks were tough because I really wanted that soda but I would get iced tea instead. Now I've been 3 months without it and I tried some ginger ale because I wasn't feeling good and it was so sweet.
  • mammaminor
    Options
    Stop buying coke!!! I have the same problem with milk: If i pour a glass with dinner, I know I'm drinking it all. So I tell myself, if I want milk enough to get up in the middle of my meal and pour some, then I'll get a glass. Do the same thing with coke!

If you want a coke SO BAD that you're willing to get in your car and go through the mcdonalds drive thru, by all means go get one! but don't make it as easy as walking to the fridge :)
  • mammaminor
    Options
    Or switch to diet coke, because 1. it'll distract you from your coke craving and 2. it doesn't taste like coke so you won't drink it all anyway!
  • trinity5703
    Options
    Cokeaholic here... left of my own devices I would go through 2.5 liters a day.
    Switching to Coke Zero helped me. It tastes as close to real Coke as I can find.
    Failing that, Diet Pepsi will suffice.

What I've done is allow myself a couple of glasses of Coke Zero in the morning (GOTTA have that caffine hit... I hate coffee)
    After that I switch to Water with a bit of Mio in it, (love the Blueberry/Pomagrantant) and drink that the rest of the day.
    So far, it works for me :)
  • thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I dont like Diet Coke, but I have to say, Coke Zero is amazing.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the problem isn't so much that you cannot resist the soda (you did it before) but rather that you've fallen off the horse as it were. For me, I know that anytime this happens, reinstating my workouts is the best first step. Working out makes me feel like a badass, and I don't want to ruin my work with crap food, so I'm more likely to choose water or veggies or whatever over the soda/potato chips/etc. Now that being said, I just switched to diet and I drink 1-3 diet sodas a day which also works just fine.
  • fullcrowmoon
    fullcrowmoon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was drinking upwards of 120oz of Diet Pepsi per DAY. I was completely addicted to the caffeine and I just didn't feel right if I didn't have a 20oz bottle of Diet Pepsi near at hand. When I started the Ideal Protein diet they warned me that no soda is allowed at all. This was a problem, because I am not someone who handles moderation well. If the Diet Pepsi is there, I will drink it. I decided my only option was to quit cold turkey, but I knew the puking migraine that would result would be horrible. I ended up going to my doctor and explaining my situation, and he gave me 4 days worth of Vicodin. I quit the Friday before Christmas last year, spent the entire weekend in bed feeling like I was dying, and by Monday afternoon I was done. I felt shaky for the next couple of days, but even that's faded now.

I wake up every single morning craving a Diet Pepsi, but so long as it isn't in the house I'm ok. To be honest I was worried not only about the caffeine, but the amount of aspartame and carbonation I was consuming as well. Now I'm drinking 120oz of lemon water a day.

I sympathize with your soda problem and I hope you find an answer that works for you!
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I wouldn't as far as saying it tastes just like it, by any means, but it's decent enough.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Buy yourself soemthing else, like flavored unsweatened seltzer or Hint and think of that as yours and soda as his.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Soda was a big issue for me as well...especially since my work provides it free to employees. I used to drink between 3 and 6 cans of soda per day. For me it was baby steps. I cut it back to one per day...then I cut it back to allowing myself a soda 3x weekly...then just a couple times per week...then once per week. After several weeks I was only having one every couple of weeks...then maybe one per month and really wan't thinking about it any more.

I have one very occasionally now...occasionally like I haven't actually had one since Sept I think...when I was camping the weekend after labor day.

Just ween yourself off...it's really just about getting out of the habit. I don't even think about them anymore even though they're still all around me at work and I have old stock piles of it in the garage at home.

This is the same for me. I'm currently at every other day starting this week. For about a month I just fit 1 can of soda a day into my daily calories. Now I'll do every other day for this month and then 1 every 2-3 days next month. It really helps to get yourself off them slowly. They are addictive and when I try to just put them down I end up bing drinking a ton of soda eventually.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I wouldn't as far as saying it tastes just like it, by any means, but it's decent enough.

I was going to say the same. I actually dislike the flavor of the "zero" products. They don't taste the same at all to me. I like them more than diet but not by much.