Venus Factor, Metabolic Cooking, New to MFP

Options
Hi all, I am new to this site and have decided to try something new for my weight-loss efforts going forward in 2014. I am a previous and successful user of weight watchers, however, I don't feel I truly learned to choose the correct food options to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. Also, I need additional motivation for working out, hence the Venus Factor and MFP; a way for me to "hopefully" stay motivated. Has/does anyone on here use any/all of the programs? I would like to link with others who have been successful or are currently using them to walk along this journey with. (Not denying any additional thoughts or ideas either)
I have gained back 12 pounds of the 28 pounds I had lost on WW, I just cannot get back into the swing of "tracking" points. I am so busy in life and need something helping me be more focused on "nutrient" rich foods rather than just calculating the number of points associated with a food or meal.
I definitely can attest to the "meetings" being very helpful and motivational for me, that is why I am hoping the blogs here will fill that for me, with working full time, being a full time mom/wife, and a full time college student, I need something I can do from home and work in my "daily" work tasks. Attending meetings and fitness centers outside of the home proves to be a challenge/barrier for me.
Now that I have put a ton of information out there...I'll be quiet and prepare for all the wonderful feedback I hope to receive.:wink:

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    IDK what TVF is, nor care, & from what I've heard & seen here WW is also pretty much a scam (like TVF), what works if you look at the Success Forum here is tracking your cals, menu planning, exercising.

I have a lot more weight to lose than you do, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but, I do the following, and when I actually DO this, it works:

1 - pre-log all meals
    2 - exercise/dance/zumba at home
    3 - log in all meals
    4 - figure out how much I ate vs how much I need to "burn"

Hope this helps.
  • Haylie_G
    Haylie_G Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The Venus Factor isn't a scam.. I'm using it and it's been a great experience. It's different from other workout programs because it focuses on us girls and it incorporates weights more than other programs. I personally like using weights because I feel like I'm getting more toned and not just losing weight, I want my clothes to fit me nice, not to just hang over me thats why I like the weights. If it was a scam then I wouldn't be getting good results, it all depends on whether you like the program or not. If TVF is a scam then so is the bank you put your money on, and the car "loan" you have to pay off which is mostly interest...
  • Haylie_G
    Haylie_G Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    People buy Herbalife, Subscribe to Weight Watchers (which is much more expensive than the venus factor) and buy many other things to reach their weight-loss goals. Whats so wrong with The Venus Factor? just give it a try (mainly for girls though)
  • Sandrasalinas75401
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of the VF!! :)
  • ChescoMSN
    ChescoMSN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stacy - did you try it? How is it going?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    In...

for "Metabolic Cooking" :huh:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    People buy Herbalife, Subscribe to Weight Watchers (which is much more expensive than the venus factor) and buy many other things to reach their weight-loss goals. Whats so wrong with The Venus Factor? just give it a try (mainly for girls though)

The premise that women fundamentally need to train differently is flawed.

Additionally, people spending money on other things has nothing to do with whether or not the venus factor is any good. People also spend money on apples, goldfish, and pull tabs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    In...

for "Metabolic Cooking" :huh:

In....to find out what an appropriate lifting routine is for 'us girls'

Although..this tread is a bit old. I wonder how everyone is doing.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Additionally, people spending money on other things has nothing to do with whether or not the venus factor is any good. People also spend money on apples, goldfish, and pull tabs.

God I love goldfish. Especially the cupcake flavored ones.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

My 3 year old can go to town on goldfish crackers.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Cupcake flavored goldfish? Are you shizniting me?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    The Venus Factor isn't a scam.. I'm using it and it's been a great experience. It's different from other workout programs because it focuses on us girls and it incorporates weights more than other programs. I personally like using weights because I feel like I'm getting more toned and not just losing weight, I want my clothes to fit me nice, not to just hang over me thats why I like the weights. If it was a scam then I wouldn't be getting good results, it all depends on whether you like the program or not. If TVF is a scam then so is the bank you put your money on, and the car "loan" you have to pay off which is mostly interest...

so its a weight lifting program? sounds revolutionary….
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    oops
  • LolBroScience
    Options

goldfish-grahams-holiday-vanilla-cupcake-and-hot-cocoa.jpg
  • ndj1979
    Options

oh look "whole grains" that means they are negative calories….!!
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    In...for the goldfish :)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    We had some friends that lived right near a Pepperidge Farm plant.... you'd walk outside and it smelled like cinnamon toast all the time.

I'd like to know where they make the goldfish so I can go camp out there

mmmm..
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The s 'mores ones are awesome too!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

fjzy44.jpg
  • ndj1979
    Options
    We had some friends that lived right near a Pepperidge Farm plant.... you'd walk outside and it smelled like cinnamon toast all the time.

I'd like to know where they make the goldfish so I can go camp out there

mmmm..

in…for camping with VJ and stuff….