Zombies, Run App

Options
Anyone use the Zombies, Run app? I used it for the first time yesterday. I liked it... just wished there were more zombie attacks...i felt like there was too much time in between attacks. Seems fun otherwise.

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    bueller? bueller?
  • erinbuberinxo
    Options
    Yep I use it and I love it :) I turn on the zombie attacks when I want to do interval training, and I agree that there aren't enough of them really.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i got it but never tried it out yet. Do you need to watch your phone while running?
  • doubleclick_darling
    doubleclick_darling Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love it. I'm alternating between Zombies Run and their 5k trainer switching back and forth each day (I just finished one week overall). At this point, I'm not playing with the zombie attacks/chases on, but I plan to, once I've played through both seasons, to go back and do it at a run and turn on the chases.

I never watch my phone once I start a mission. It's got very clear cues (the radio transmissions alternate with music for 30 minute runs and with the 5k trainer). With the 5k trainer, music also quiets so vocal cues. I had to download a secondary app though for all my playlists to register within the app.
  • ratatoska
    ratatoska Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started using it, with zom attacks off to begin. I love that I can play Pandora in the background while playing, but my complaint is that, even once configured, it doesn't track my calories burned. I ran it with Mapmyrun running at the same time- it drained my battery a bit, but I got my correct calorie count.

tl;dr- Great app, use with Mapmyrun.
  • Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    I've used it for a total of about 1.5 hours and it's ok. The story hasn't really been all that intriguing to me... yet. I also don't like how it handles the music and transmissions. It'll cut off a song and the guys will start talking and then say 'now another song' and then it picks up where it cut off the last song. If it would do the radio transmissions in between songs it'd be a lot better.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Come at me bro
    2qc14sw.jpg
  • starkiller8885
    starkiller8885 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies, Run! Their new walking program is pretty neat too!
  • bko722
    bko722 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm almost done with Season 1. Luckily there is a Season 2. I have also done the 10K mission during my 10K. They keep me entertained while running, which is kind of funny since I'm not a big fan of zombie movies or tv shows. There is a FB group of the same name that we talk about the app and our running progress if you'd like to join us.
  • shell13b
    shell13b Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    First time I've heard about this...I think I will try it out :)
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just picked up this app today because it's on sale. It looks like a lot of fun, but I don't know if I can use that and the 5K program I'm on in RunKeeper.