Starting The New Year Off Right!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Brandon, I am a 22 year old recently graduated college student. A Planet Fitness opened up around the new year close to where my girlfriend and I live. You can't beat that it was only $19.99 for a black card membership, so we did it. She bought the pass, and I am just the guest ( I don't tan, massage, etc). We ended up getting the pass on Friday January 3rd, and have been going consistent ever since. We have only missed 3 days since then.

My routine seems to be 2 miles on the treadmill, 30 minute Circuit Express, and Cycling.

My starting weight was 200lbs, and I haven't really weighed myself since starting. Is there a certain time to weigh?

Hopefully start losing the weight though! It took 31 minutes and 30 seconds to run two miles the first day. Last night I felt so good that I actually went to 3 miles in 39:30!!

Loving the gym and can't wait to see the results for the both of us. Great site and glad to be here. Thanks!!

-Brandon

Replies

• Danni1206
    Danni1206 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Brandon, I am a 22 year old recently graduated college student. A Planet Fitness opened up around the new year close to where my girlfriend and I live. You can't beat that it was only $19.99 for a black card membership, so we did it. She bought the pass, and I am just the guest ( I don't tan, massage, etc). We ended up getting the pass on Friday January 3rd, and have been going consistent ever since. We have only missed 3 days since then.

My routine seems to be 2 miles on the treadmill, 30 minute Circuit Express, and Cycling.

My starting weight was 200lbs, and I haven't really weighed myself since starting. Is there a certain time to weigh?

Hopefully start losing the weight though! It took 31 minutes and 30 seconds to run two miles the first day. Last night I felt so good that I actually went to 3 miles in 39:30!!

Great job Brandon!!! :) Its wonderful to hear that you have committed to being healthy!!!
    --It is best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning, just after you wake up and go pee. (naked of course!) This will be your most accurate weight. - and weighing yourself should follow the same routine whenever you decide to weigh in after that.

Loving the gym and can't wait to see the results for the both of us. Great site and glad to be here. Thanks!!

Congrats on your running of 2 miles!! Thats amazing! It does feel great does it?!?! :)

-Brandon
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately people use exercise to lose weight when in reality it's for fitness and overall health. Losing weight has more to do with what you're eating and how much. And if it's Planet Fitness..........................then don't eat a whole pizza on free pizza night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Great job Brandon!!! :) Its wonderful to hear that you have committed to being healthy!!!
    --It is best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning, just after you wake up and go pee. (naked of course!) This will be your most accurate weight. - and weighing yourself should follow the same routine whenever you decide to weigh in after that.

Congrats on your running of 2 miles!! Thats amazing! It does feel great does it?!?! :)

-Brandon

It really does. It hasn't been a full two weeks yet, and I already feel 10x better. I was having an issue with shin splits on the treadmill the last few days, but figured out the issue yesterday actually. I wasn't warming up enough. The 30 min circuit express and the 25 minutes on the bicycle fixed it! It felt so good yesterday just getting a cramp from jogging so much rather than shin splints slowing me down.

At this rate, what would I expect to lose in weight in a month? We eat pretty healthy too but don't count calories. Don't eat large portions though.

Thanks!

-Brandon
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    Options
    Unfortunately people use exercise to lose weight when in reality it's for fitness and overall health. Losing weight has more to do with what you're eating and how much. And if it's Planet Fitness..........................then don't eat a whole pizza on free pizza night.

IDEA Fitness member

That's not for us. We work our butts off when we are there. It's motivating having people exercising around you which then makes you want to work hard. I would like to get a Polar heart rate monitor just to get an accurate amount on the calories I am burning and my heart rate.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    Options
    How often are you guys and girls working out and how long? Our schedules have been having Wednesday and Sunday off, and going 5 days a week at around an hour and a half. Is this long enough?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

That's not for us. We work our butts off when we are there. It's motivating having people exercising around you which then makes you want to work hard. I would like to get a Polar heart rate monitor just to get an accurate amount on the calories I am burning and my heart rate.
    I think you're missing the point here. You can burn a 800 calories in an hour, but consume more than what you need to lose weight. Exercise isn't what people need to do to lose weight. It's going to be about calorie deficit. I see it all the time. People come up to me daily asking me what workout plan they should do to lose weight. When I ask if they have any idea how many calories they are consuming and what they need to consume to lose weight sensibly, NONE of them have any idea. Which is why I tell them to start there first.

IDEA Fitness member