I walked to work today!

Options
That's it. It's a small triumph, but I wanted to share it!!

Replies

• bhonniered
    Options
    Every success is cause for celebration - Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I'll bet that feels pretty good!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I just took my bike to the bike shop for a tune-up. The 16-year old explained to me that it was a 20-year-old bike and that I might consider buying a new one. Ahh, the joys of aging in front on the young. My goal is to ride my bike to work a few times a week. I think it is about 7 miles to my office.

We will see how it goes...

--Carter
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Wait a minute. You don't work from home do you? Just kiddin' ;-D
  • hyphyma17
    Options
    i walk to work about 3 times a week its not to bad of a walk, untill i reach the massive hill that leaves me having a heart attack by the time i reach the top :) but its a good work out.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an awesome way to burn calories!

Good for you taking the initiative.

Karen
  • gagagul
    gagagul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    There you go woman! I have been wanting to do this too, maybe switch it up with rollerblades or even biking. Way to go!!
  • beccajoh
    Options
    How far is it, and how long did it take? Challenge yourself to try and beat your time when you next walk to work!

I sort of walk to work - I have to get the train most of the way, as it's nearly 40 miles LOL. It's two miles walking from the station to my office. I always used to get the underground (I work in London, UK) but now I walk most days. I feel so much better for it.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    It's not far at all, probably less than a mile! Took me 11 minutes. But it forced me to walk up and back to the post office at lunch (another 20 minutes) then I'll have to walk home. So, I added 40 minutes of walking to my day besides my Shred workout. Going to try for all week!! Thanks for the encourgagement!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    That's a good challenge!! Good Luck!!