Big Mac Casserole

Options
124»

Replies

• Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I made this last night but instead of canned crescent rolls, I made gluten-free crescent rolls from the link I posted above. It was awesome!! No crumbly or sandy gluten-free taste, it was excellent. The dough recipe really was just like "gluten" bread. My brother-in-law and husband ate it almost all up (I served it over romaine and with fries) and neither of them have to eat gluten-free... It was delicious. To the OP: Thanks for the recipe!!

I added the chopped pickles after the beef/onion was done sauteeing and just stirred them in with onion powder and salt and pepper. The dough was sticky to roll out so watch out! Once I'd rolled it out it stuck to the counter (don't think I put enough flour on it) but I managed to get it off and it was fine in the oven. It took about 25-30 minutes to bake though, so monitor it. It'll be done when it's golden brown on top.

Since I had to do the work of making my own dough, I wondered, why not just have actual burgers then with gluten-free buns? You could but it'd be much more expensive. I say double or even triple the dough mixture and then put two or three batches in the freezer for the next time you have ground beef you want to use up.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    OMG yum!
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • natty1408
    natty1408 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Oh this sounds good! Definitely need to add some bacon though! Think I'll be making it this weekend.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump... I will be eating the whole thing
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I made this last night but instead of canned crescent rolls, I made gluten-free crescent rolls from the link I posted above. It was awesome!! No crumbly or sandy gluten-free taste, it was excellent. The dough recipe really was just like "gluten" bread. My brother-in-law and husband ate it almost all up (I served it over romaine and with fries) and neither of them have to eat gluten-free... It was delicious. To the OP: Thanks for the recipe!!

I added the chopped pickles after the beef/onion was done sauteeing and just stirred them in with onion powder and salt and pepper. The dough was sticky to roll out so watch out! Once I'd rolled it out it stuck to the counter (don't think I put enough flour on it) but I managed to get it off and it was fine in the oven. It took about 25-30 minutes to bake though, so monitor it. It'll be done when it's golden brown on top.

Since I had to do the work of making my own dough, I wondered, why not just have actual burgers then with gluten-free buns? You could but it'd be much more expensive. I say double or even triple the dough mixture and then put two or three batches in the freezer for the next time you have ground beef you want to use up.

That sounds awesome! Glad you liked it!!!! Thanks for sharing your experience making it...
  • himynameisjess
    himynameisjess Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump Bump Bump!
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    We cooked this tonight. I used turkey ground beef (93% lean), Sargento Thin Cheddar Cheese slices and put the pickles in the meat/onion mixture after it was done sauteing.

It ended up pretty awesome. I also made it with baked fries to give us a more "McD's feel" and the meal was a success. This will definitely go in the do again pile.
  • marygettingfit
    marygettingfit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Looks great Thanks!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    OMG I just love Big Macs.......totally trying this one :love:
  • Karla_SK
    Karla_SK Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump.

Someone else mentioned this in another thread and I just *HAD* to hunt this down. We will be trying it very soon. Thank you!
  • Dotyfahed
    Dotyfahed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • littleknitcakes
    Options
    I am a big mac fanatic.. I have had a major craving for them lately.. I made this but was totally skeptical about it.. but OMG!! I am absolutely floored by how much this tastes like one!!! I will be making this often to curb my craving!!! Thank you so much for sharing this!! Couldn't be happier!! :-)