I dont know the calories!

Options
AHH I am ordering food from a local pizza place. Im getting a buffalo chicken wrap on a wheat wrap. The chicken is fried, there is lettuce tomatoe and blue cheese on the wrap. They dont have a nutritional menu available. How should I estimate the calories? I'm only planning on eating half.

Replies

• camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    is this restaruant a chain? Sometimes u can look up caloric value by restaurant/food on this site and other calorie counting sites.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken is more calories than grilled or baked. So take that into factor. I would just look up how many calories blue cheese is, fried chicken, cheese, and wraps and go from there.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of local restaurants that I eat at where I can't find the calories. if I can't find a similar item, I enter each ingredient individually

me 2!
    if nothing else just google the name or item you are trying to find + calorie count (i.e. fried chicken breast calorie count)
    usually you can get a pretty good idea there.:happy:
  • techcommdood
    techcommdood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Estimate. Once you get the wrap in hand, you can see for yourself about how much is in there.

Look up generics in the food database for:

* fried chicken tenders
    * blue cheese
    * lettuce
    * tomato
    * wheat wrap
    * buffalo sauce (unless they use butter in the sauce, it should be about 5 calories/tbsp)

Build it as a recipe so you can adjust the ingredients as you learn more (especially if you plan on getting it again) and then you can say you had .5 servings or make it a 2 serving recipe and say you had 1 now, and save the other 1 for later.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I'm sure there's something comperable in the database. If the calories are too high, just eat half :)

Charmagne