Dropping weight and training for a race - need buddies! :)

Options
Hi folks! I need some new MFP buddies, most of the friends I have on here seem to have stopped using mfp regularly, so would anyone like to buddy up? Motivate each other :D Male or female, dieters or fitness nuts, it's all good.

So, I signed up for a race in June, never done one before, so I'm starting my training now. It's a 5k, not a huge race but still nervous!

My name's Fal, by the way. Pleased to meetcha! :o)

Replies

• marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi

Feel free to add me.

I'm on here everyday and try to support as best as I can.

Is great that you have signed up for a race, they are really fun. A 5k is a great place to start.

I'm a runner as well, having started last march and have done quite a few races so will be happy to give advice if i can,

Marika
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Fal,
    Also training for a race....march 7th, 10k, haven't run in 18 years but decided I needed a goal. Not sure I will do the full 10k running but am going to give it a go. Currently up to 3.5k.
    Happy to support you. feel free to add me

Helen
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks you two! I'll definitely add you :) I'm actually really excited to run :D
  • muderfocker
    muderfocker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. very active using MFF and always like new buddies.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, a new runner and I have been blogging about my journey to a half marathon so it may be helpful! welcome =)
  • Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Fal,
    Please feel free to add me too...I was an avid about working out and being healthy the past 4-5 years but life changed a little over a year ago and I fell out of my good eating and fitness habits. I am just getting back into it with the help of a trainer but I need even more motivation too! I am running in a 8K at the end of April and just starting the C25 program to jump start my training.

Look forward to being a motivator (hopefully) and being motivated by others!!

Sarah
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I recently done a 5k, now I'm training for a run in March and a 5k in May, feel free to add me! :)
  • crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have done a couple 5ks and am looking at attempting my first sprint triathalon this July, which might be a bit more than I can handle but heck that's what we train for! I am pretty active on here (sometimes miss the weekends but try to log in with my phone).
  • lmontelongo1
    Options
    Hey There!
    feel free to add me...I need some motivation/accountability too :) I haven't signed up for any races yet, but a friend is talking me into a 10 here in a few months...
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've just finished losing the weight that I wanted to (but will still be logging on here to keep me accountable for my choices), and have jsut signed up for my first 5K race.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough good things about couch to 5k app and the 5k forever app. I was never a runner but I have completed the C25K app. I'm about halfway through 5k forever, when I decided I wanted to try a 10k in march. I downloaded the 10k forever app and am working on that instead. Good luck!

Feel free to add me too
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me. I'm training for my 6th marathon.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi Fal

Feel free to add me too. I started running last year, lift weights and go to the gym. I try to vary my routine. I try and log on several times throughout the day but I am a little lacking on the weekends. I broke my pinkie toe last October but continued to run and it is not healed so I am not going to run for a few weeks and see if that helps but love activity/fitness and supporting/being supported by others!

Lori
  • BubbaLax
    BubbaLax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request...
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would love some new supportive, refreshing friends! I'm just getting back into running after taking some time off due to the crappy winter weather I get and focusing on starting to strength training. :)
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I did my first 5k about 6 years ago and have done about 35 or 40 since. I also have a marathon and half marathon on my resume. Good luck to you.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well..
    i to started with C25k and then graduated to the half's...love em. I may go for the marathon this year...not sure yet.
  • jennycully
    jennycully Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, have done a bit of running. All the best with your training!
  • Racer27h2
    Options
    Not training for a foot race. but training for both 24HR Car Endurance Race and High Speed Kart Racing... Please feel free to add me. For Kart Racing weight and fitness are key. Need to be at 380lbs Kart/Gear/Driver, which means I need to get down to about 185LBS or Better Yet 80. Ordering an Large seat, good for 185 driver and tossing my XL Seat.
  • HaleyNorman1
    Options
    Hey! My name is Haley and Im new to this site, I'd like to be your friend?