Do you REALLY have to cut out all sugars get toned?

Options

Replies

• turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Well heck if some guy on Youtube said it, it must be true.

This.

Do your own research and dont believe some a$$clown on youtube

I think him posting it on a fitness forum contributes to doing his own research :drinker: Yay for self-empowerment!

Mfp forum is not doing research.

I meant research as in from reputable sources which mfp is very not. Maybe a little better than youtube... *maybe* doubt it

Seeing tons of people who actually got toned does help me
  • turtleball
    Options
    I think you need a little bit of sugar to keep yourself on track as long as you do not go overboard with it a little bit is not going to hurt

Define overboard.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonnythan

You burned 10k calories :O

I need to lay down... or get up
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think you need a little bit of sugar to keep yourself on track as long as you do not go overboard with it a little bit is not going to hurt

Define overboard.
    ://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonnythan

It's OK, it was 10,000 calories of pure rage.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different. I lost some weight when I cut down on sugar.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

Define overboard.

If I put my rage towards teh foodz I am eating, does that mean I can eat more of it? Say I burn 2,000 calories with rage on a box of Oreos, should I eat back those burnt calories in pizza and beer?
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    To be fair, I do believe most people cut way, way back on sugars before a fitness competition. It's only temporary though. It's not sustainable, and it's a few steps past "toned".
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    NOPE!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Define overboard.

If I put my rage towards teh foodz I am eating, does that mean I can eat more of it? Say I burn 2,000 calories with rage on a box of Oreos, should I eat back those burnt calories in pizza and beer?

Yes.

Science!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    If the guy says it, then it is most likely legit.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

This.

I think him posting it on a fitness forum contributes to doing his own research :drinker: Yay for self-empowerment!

I meant research as in from reputable sources which mfp is very not. Maybe a little better than youtube... *maybe* doubt it

And when you DO do some reputablely sourced research, you'll find out that a lot of people on MFP really know their stuff, having done the same research. Furthermore, they are validating it through their personal experiences and willing to share their thoughts and knowledge.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I eat more sugar than anything else (probably, I think) and I've pretty much always had definition with minimal exercise. Wooo genetics!

(Not 6-pack, but toned)
  • turtleball
    Options

This.

And when you DO do some reputablely sourced research, you'll find out that a lot of people on MFP really know their stuff, having done the same research. Furthermore, they are validating it through their personal experiences and willing to share their thoughts and knowledge.

Word.
  • WaymanK
    Options
    No and yes!!!! I think that the sugar isn't really good for us. But the sugar that is already in the food is good for us.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Sugars, most fats, processed foods. This is what a guy on youtube said, if that is so i'll never be toned.

Totes magotes. People on the internet can't lie.

It's true.

I read it on the internet.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I eat more sugar than anything else (probably, I think) and I've pretty much always had definition with minimal exercise. Wooo genetics!

(Not 6-pack, but toned)

I hate you. And your genetics. :tongue: :tongue:
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You should cut out MOST refined sugars from your diet, not just to get toned but because they are unhealthy anyway and raise your blood sugar levels which messes up the homeostasis of your body. Get your sugars from fruit so you are also getting vitamins and minerals and fiber along with fructose. I believe in the 80/20 rule -- if you eat healthy 80% of the time, a piece of cake won't make you fat. Unless you are dieting for a competition, cutting sugar out completely is really, really hard and requires a very strict diet - it would basically mean NO processed foods at all, and NO fruits at all. You can get toned without deprivation.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

Define overboard.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonnythan
    10,000 calories on being angry about pizza day!!! I'mma have to try that workout. :drinker:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Sugars, most fats, processed foods. This is what a guy on youtube said, if that is so i'll never be toned.
    If a guy on you tube told you that aliens were controlling our thoughts by using onions would you believe him?
    Yikes! I'd better watch this video. Link please? Is it eating the onions that makes us vulnerable, or are just the fumes enough?
    :worried:
  • turtleball
    Options
    If a guy on you tube told you that aliens were controlling our thoughts by using onions would you believe him?
    Yikes! I'd better watch this video. Link please? Is it eating the onions that makes us vulnerable, or are just the fumes enough?

sure, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66boOY4xXGU
    people were recommending his calculator so I thought ill check him out
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

sure, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66boOY4xXGU
    people were recommending his calculator so I thought ill check him out

Lol scooby