Not losing.?

Options
Hi everyone well for starters I am 5'2 weigh 160 and have been doing mfp for 13 days now. Its set to where im supposed to lose 2 pounds a week I workout everyday and havent lost one pound. Can someone shed some light as to why this is?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Try resetting it to 1lb/wk, and make sure you're logging all your food accurately and honestly.
  • Brooklyn0522
    Options
    I log everything im not the cleanest eater but I am honest and what will setting it to one a week do?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say since we don't know what you're logging.

Start here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Brooklyn0522
    Options
    Also can you guys add me as a friend id love to see diarys! (:
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    If you would open your diary so that we could see your logging, it would help a lot.
  • Brooklyn0522
    Options
    Its now open (:
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Are you using a HRM to track calories burned? Seems maybe you are overcalculating calories burned. If all your cardio is on an elliptacle I would definitely invest in a HRM. They are grossly inaccurate for calories burned.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    You'e not:
    1. Logging correctly
    2. weighing everything and logging
    3. eating too much
    4. not working out hard enough
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I log everything im not the cleanest eater but I am honest and what will setting it to one a week do?

Clean means nothing. A clean eater CAN still get fat. I've never seen a ripped vegan for that matter
  • Brooklyn0522
    Options
    Explain please?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough. Try eating your BMR and no higher than TDEE (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/). Also eat back most (if not all) of your exercise calories. Make sure you are drinking at least 64oz water a day. Also a week is not enough time to see the weight just "melt away". Have patience.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough. Try eating your BMR and no higher than TDEE (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/). Also eat back most (if not all) of your exercise calories. Make sure you are drinking at least 64oz water a day. Also a week is not enough time to see the weight just "melt away". Have patience.

I would suggest that opposite of this. Well not precisely the opposite. First, you eat a LOT of fast food. Now calorie wise you're staying in your range, but the sodium alone will cause you to retain fluids.

If you're not losing weight it's because you are not eating at a deficit so if you do what was posted above it will not solve the problem. I would put the MFP settings to lose 1lbs a week, continue to exercise but don't eat back your exercise calories. That will help ensure that you're eating enough but still at a deficit to lose weight.

Also, you really should try to include veg and fruits. I'm not seeing anything healthy in your diary other than the odd yogurt. Do you like apples? Cucumber? baby carrots? You seem to lean towards quick meals so I'm trying to suggest things that are easy to toss in a lunch bag and go. Try to slowly integrate some healthier choices each day. Maybe instead of the McChicken (which I love BTW) try the chicken grill once and a while. And if you're going to eat all the processed foods be sure you're drinking plenty of water.

Are you logging condiments? I saw pancakes the one day. Did you eat it plain? I didn't see syrup or jam or anything logged. Condiments can really make a difference. Cooking sprays, butter and marg. mayo, etc. all add up.

And finally, be very very careful with the MFP calorie counts in the database. You will often see multiple options for the same thing and so many of them are wrong! This is another reason why I don't eat back my exercise calories, I like to leave room for error.

I hope this helps!