my danger day

Options
I have been on myfitnesspal since Friday and have lost lost 3lbs up to now. But it's shopping day tomorrow the time of the week when I start to slide. I go shopping from work and don't get in till late anyone have any suggestions on how to keep on track and not opt for a quick takeaway :frown:

Replies

• mattbarnett2000
    mattbarnett2000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job this week! It is hard when you get home late, I know the feeling, just try your best to make a quick meal instead of the takeaway. And if not, just get back on the train the next day, and don't weigh yourself for a couple of days, that is what I do.
  • grneyedgoddess77
    grneyedgoddess77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bring a healthy snack or pre-plan what you are going to stop for. There are options out there, even at fast food places.
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i assume you mean food shopping? try to eat a light snack (fruit, nuts, etc) before you go to the store so you aren't shopping while hungry. also, go prepared - make a list of the foods you're going to buy and stick to it. hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • maanders
    maanders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Make food ahead so that you are prepped for those extra busy days. Either, make extra portions one night and eat the extra on your shopping night or have a food prep day once a week and prepare some quick, healthy, reheatable meals to eat throughout the week when you get pressed for time.

If you know that you have something in the fridge that is already prepped and will be quick to heat it makes it much easier to skip the take-out.
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good job so far! Have a snack, make a list and stick to the outside edges of the store. Most of the chips, cookies and processed foods are found in the middle aisles. If I am hungry when I go to the store, I don't even look down the middle aisles. Also, you can pick up a pre-cooked chicken from the deli for a quick dinner when you get home.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Have a solid list of what you're going to get and make plans not to deviate. Plan your meals for tomorrow and have some sort of snack right before going to take the edge off. And figure out what you are going to do for dinner - make it something really simple.

For example - a salad. Buy the ingredients at the store, toss together when you get home. Or a sandwich - so simple, filling, good and add some fruit/vegetables on the side. There are lots of quick things you can do so you don't buy something you aren't wanting.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I often have to be some where, or have an activity after work. The key is to plan. You obviously know when these days are coming up. I do best when I plan to eat dinner right before leaving work, or have enough of a snack that I know will tide me over until I get home.

When I don't do that, I get tired and my resolve lessens and sometimes I don't make optimuim food choices.
  • moss102
    moss102 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have a long way to go.want to loose 70lbs it's my 25t h wedding anniversary this year and would like to be lighter and fitter for a holiday me and my husband have planned to celebrate
  • catnorbury
    catnorbury Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    not sure where you live but I find doing my food shop online and getting it delivered, or click and collect works well as you dont need to shop when hungry or tired, there are no impulse (chocolate) purchases! And you can plan ahead when adding items to your basket. Plus it saves time spent going round the supermarket, which is a win win :smile: