c25k question!

Options
I'm doing the C25K program and I am in week 2. I know it's not a good idea to compare your time and distance to others, but I just want to know what others stats were for the first week. Like for far they ran, their average time and such. If you can please just let me know how YOU did the first week, that'd be awesome. Thank you!

Replies

• stplatt
    stplatt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You were wise to say that it is not a good idea to compare yourself to others. Why would you sabotage your plan like that. This is YOUR plan. When you compare it to someone else, you are making an unfair comparison. Your body is not theirs. Your aerobic system is not theirs. They may be younger, stronger, weaker, older, whatever.

If they say they do not run as far as you do, you may limit yourself and say "See, I did good." When you actually could have done better. If they do better than you, you may feel inferior or inadequate.

Your plan is just that...YOURS. own it.

And Congrats on starting the program and getting through week 1. Starting is the hardest step...followed closely by continuing.

Blessings,
    Steven
  • davidsonl13
    Options
    good luck on the program.

My first run my stats were
    Overall pace - 15:31 min/mile
    Overall distance - 1.19
    Fastest interval - 10:22 min/mile
    Longest interval - 0.1 miles

My most recent run was W6 R2

Overall pace - 13:12 min/mile
    Overall distance - 1.75 miles
    Fastest interval - 12:38 min/mile
    Longest interval - 0.79 miles

So you can see the improvement in my pace, the others aren't really relevant because the interval times are so different.

But what I've achieved doesn't matter to you (unless it spurs you on to do more) The biggest thing for me is seeing each run how much further I can go without stopping. It's so motivating. In terms of speed, I'll worry about that when I've got 30 mins under my belt!
  • Masekre
    Masekre Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I wanted to see! I just wanted to see the progress and such of others. It's refreshing to know and see others times. Thanks for sharing! And congrats on being on week 6! I'm nervous just looking at week 3! haha
    The improvement is what I mostly wanted to see. I'm glad it's doable. haha
  • Masekre
    Masekre Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Totally understand what you're saying. But I personally wanted to see what others have done. It's not going to change my plan, maybe motivate if anything! :)
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    Keep going, even if its hard.

My boyfriend is currently doing it and he has been doing week 4 for at least 6 weeks.

LOL
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what my times were but don't obsess over it. Run at a pace that is comfortable for you and it will naturally increase with time and reptition. Keep to a minimum of 3x's a week and you'll be fine.