Fitbit Owners...Great or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• carolhwitz
    carolhwitz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit because it keeps me motivated and is much more accurate than the cheapies I've had in the past. I have it linked to MFP but haven't really been able to figure out the negative adjustments. That is relatively new (new since I was on MFP last go round). I walk and exercise but it often doesn't tell me my extra calories till very late in the day. I'm not sure I like that aspect of the system. But the fitbit is well worth the money.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I used mine for about 2 weeks then I took it off and forgot about it haha
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit force!
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Love my FItbit One, had it almost a year.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I compared mine over a 24hour period with my Heart Rate monitor and there was only 60 cals difference between them, so over all pretty accurate I would say.

Why would you wear a heart rate monitor for 24 hours?

A FitBit is an activity tracker.....it counts steps. If wearing a FitBit motivates you to move more....it's done it's job. If you're not sure of your activity level, this will help.

A heart rate monitor is used to guage calorie burns for steady state cardio (not strength training....not sitting in a chair). HRMs with a chest strap measure electric impulses (your heart rate) and compare that to your resting heart rate. This is difference is exertion level.