"granola" bar type food with mostly protein and little fat?

Options
I am struggling to stay under the fat goal for my 30% macro, and I don't even eat unhealthy foods! I'm just looking for something I can eat after a workout, as opposed to a shake which I know I won't do. I'd like something that has lots of protein, very low fat and not a crazy amount of carbs. Does such a thing exist?

Replies

• chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One Protein bars, I have one at least once a day, they aren't bad on calories and fat, and also have a good amount of protein in them. I loooove the coconut almond ones :)
  • STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. It's okay to go over on fat as long as protein does not suffer. I would not cut carbs from your diet, but it is okay to shift more toward one or the other. Try not to stress too much about it.

2. No need to do a bar or anything if you can't find one suitable. I understand Quest bars are okay--though I've never had one myself.

For a more DIY approach, take some lean meat, add sugar-based sauce of choice (bbq sauce, ketchup, orange sauce, sweet and sour) and veggies. BAM! Exactly what you asked for. And if you don't want to make it fresh, you could make it ahead of time and warm it up (or not--cold is okay for many foods).
  • thepinkleprechaun
    Options
    1. It's okay to go over on fat as long as protein does not suffer. I would not cut carbs from your diet, but it is okay to shift more toward one or the other. Try not to stress too much about it.

2. No need to do a bar or anything if you can't find one suitable. I understand Quest bars are okay--though I've never had one myself.

For a more DIY approach, take some lean meat, add sugar-based sauce of choice (bbq sauce, ketchup, orange sauce, sweet and sour) and veggies. BAM! Exactly what you asked for. And if you don't want to make it fresh, you could make it ahead of time and warm it up (or not--cold is okay for many foods).

I might do that...I usually prepare lunch meals in advance because I'm so busy during the day and it's not like I can eat out due to food allergies. So I guess I could just do a smaller portion for the morning snack!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder bars... 8 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein.
  • thepinkleprechaun
    Options
    Thanks! I know I've had a Cliff Bar in the past and liked it so I'll definitely check that out.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Pure Protein bars, although they're more chewy and less crunchy like granola. The ones I had today was one of their smaller bars and it's 190 calories, 6g fat and 20g protein. They have larger bars that are 300 calories, 10g fat and 30g protein.
  • carolynfeola
    Options
    Balance Bars are great and super high in protein. Very filling especially with a big glass of water. The Almond Brownie ones are absolutely delicious and taste just like a brownie. 14 g protein, 21 carbs, 7 fat.
  • thepinkleprechaun
    Options
    I usually eat Pure Protein bars, although they're more chewy and less crunchy like granola. The ones I had today was one of their smaller bars and it's 190 calories, 6g fat and 20g protein. They have larger bars that are 300 calories, 10g fat and 30g protein.

I like chewy! I will add those to the list!
  • thepinkleprechaun
    Options
    Balance Bars are great and super high in protein. Very filling especially with a big glass of water. The Almond Brownie ones are absolutely delicious and taste just like a brownie. 14 g protein, 21 carbs, 7 fat.

That sounds awesome...brownies are so good!
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars <3333
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder bars... 8 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein.

And they are quite tasty too.