HR Monitors

Options
Heyy all :)

Wondering if anyone can offer advice or recommend a decent heart rate monitor? I've started Piloxing and Body Combat classes and would like to know how many calories I am burning in each session. I am looking for a resonably priced HR monitor that can tell calories burned. I am from the UK so won't be able to use American sites

Replies

• Darrxy
    Darrxy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I don't yet have mine in my hand, but today I purchased the polar FT7. Lots of decent reviews but at £65 it is kind of on the pricey side.

Also purchased the pad so that I can upload data to Polar's website. Again, it's all on its way so I haven't had a play around with it just yet.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I just got a Garmin FR220 and love it but you probably do not need the GPS. I have used both Garmin and Polar both are great as long as you take care of the strap.
  • Edinburgh1986
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT4 and have been using it around a week. Think it's excellent - easy to navigate and set up. And only just over £50 on Amazon.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. It was cheap, but I am not entirely happy.

Had to send it back for repair under warranty, where they replaced the transmitter for free. They do have a two year warranty which is great. But lately the transmitter has been behaving erratically again. Sometimes it says my heart rate is 0% of maximum heart rate. Changed the battery, and tightened the chest strap, which has improved things a bit, but it still conks out occasionally and tells me I am among the undead..

I don't trust my transmitter.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone can offer advice or recommend a decent heart rate monitor? I've started Piloxing and Body Combat classes and would like to know how many calories I am burning in each session.

HRMs will give significant over-estimates for that type of exercise.