Do you REALLY have to cut out all sugars get toned?

Options
13»

Replies

• Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sugars, most fats, processed foods. This is what a guy on youtube said, if that is so i'll never be toned.
    If a guy on you tube told you that aliens were controlling our thoughts by using onions would you believe him?

Hey, I think I SAW that one....
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sugars, most fats, processed foods. This is what a guy on youtube said, if that is so i'll never be toned.
    If a guy on you tube told you that aliens were controlling our thoughts by using onions would you believe him?
    Yikes! I'd better watch this video. Link please? Is it eating the onions that makes us vulnerable, or are just the fumes enough?
    :worried:

sure, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66boOY4xXGU
    people were recommending his calculator so I thought ill check him out

and this video- @ 4:45
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW0diyHF0kg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm curious... what is your idea of "toned"?
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm curious... what is your idea of "toned"?
    toned.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    So in that case, you want a lower body fat, and judging by her arms, shoulders and abs... you want to add a bit of muscle too.

Lower body fat: eat at a mild deficit
    Add some (not excessive amounts) cardio for heart health (and extra calories)
    and some form of strength training (even body weight or HIIT exercises are effective).

Track your calories.
    Aim to increase your protein intake within those calories.
    You will find as you try to reach your calorie goal, that you may naturally choose to cut out some of the sweeter foods and replace with lower healthier options (just to stay within goal and satieted).

I do recommend that you not cut out everything. Budget for treats, much like people budget for entertainment.

Calories are like money. You can't spend 100% of your paycheck on entertainment... you need to buy food, pay your mortgage, insurance, etc... Make sure you cover the essentials (MACROS) and then budget in fun with whatever you have left. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,578 Member
    Options
    Lol, you're resourcing bad information then. Also there really isn't such a thing as "toned" because there isn't a definitive meaning for it. It's a made up word by the fitness industry to "soften" actually terminology of being leaner.
    All carbs are broken down to sugar for use in the body. The disparity lies when "naturalists" or "brosciencers" claim that anything not whole food or "processed" obstructs one from reaching their goals. This simply isn't true.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Everyone's body is different. I lost some weight when I cut down on sugar.
    Everyone would. Reduction of sugar reduces glycogen and water storage. These 2 are responsible for many a person GAINING weight when they start an exercise program.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    No and yes!!!! I think that the sugar isn't really good for us. But the sugar that is already in the food is good for us.
    Explain how the body know the difference between the two in the digestion process because it sound like the body can tell the difference.

IDEA Fitness member
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i have like 200g+ of sugar daily and I'm pretty lean
    although i do stick to low fat
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Was it mike chang or some other guy trying to sell you a "secret to a six pack abs" and other nonsense?
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had skittles, butterfingers and Reese's for dinner. Sugar can't stop me.