Not losing weight?

Options
Ive been dieting for weeks. I lost 20 pounds between November 6th, and December 25th. At the first of the year I decided to kick it up a notch and start exercising as well. I have not lost a POUND! Ive stayed (mostly) under 1380 calories, but eat at least 1200 a day. Am I missing something? Is there something magically I skipped over? I take my multivitamin. I don't use "diet" Supplements. Ive been exercising 3 night a week, getting in my 10,000 steps with my fitbit and still no pounds or inches.

Replies

• sandradeloach
    sandradeloach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First, congrats!!! You are doing great!

Sounds like you are gaining muscle.
    Check your measurements if you have them. You are probably loosing inches.
    Don't worry the pounds will follow.
    Just keep up the good work!
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Maybe open yor diary so people can see what food your eating. You might be gaining muscle also you may need to up your calories depending on how much your exercising

Keep at it!
  • Im not losing inches either. Its like I am stuck between 170-169
  • How do I open up my diary?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you're not eating over your TDEE, you are not gaining muscle. Sometimes when you first start an exercise regime, you can hold some extra water weight. Are you sore? When you exercise, you make tiny tears in your muscles. Water rushes to those muscles to aid in healing them. If you are positive you aren't eating more than you think (do you weigh & measure your portions?) I would just suggest giving it about 2 more weeks & seeing what happens. If after that you still aren't losing, you're eating too much and need to be more careful with your intake. That is the only reason (assuming you don't have a medical condition) that you would not lose weight. BUT you need to give it more than two weeks.

Also, if you eat back exercise calories, don't go by the burn numbers MFP gives you. They're notoriously high. Eat back half of what MFP tells you you've burned.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are gaining muscle.

Ack. Nope. Can't "gain muscle" while eating at a deficit. What DOES happen is your muscles retain more water while trying to repair themselves. That will mask any weight loss and why a lot of people don't see weight loss right away when they start a new exercise program. It's been about two weeks since the first of the year. Give it more time and be patient. There will be weeks where you retain more water than usual, or where you plateau, etc, and the lbs you missed then will usually come off later. You are doing all the right things, but two weeks isn't considered a plateau for that reason.

Great work by the way.