easy healthy lunch?

Options
I'm making lunch for a friend and I on friday, I'm totally stumped for idea. I have no time to prepare anything in advance.
we both dislike celery and cucumber and mushrooms, anything aniseed and ricotta and cottage cheese.
I've been online like an hour and finding nothing particularly appealing... any ideas?

Replies

• Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When you say you have no time to prepare in advance, does that mean zero time? If you have SOME time, you could make a chicken salad with grapes....or a soup...can you throw stuff together in a crockpot the night before?
  • Paindoesnthurt
    Paindoesnthurt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you have a slow cooker that'll give you all the time you need. put the ingredients in, set the timer, 4-8 hours later depending if you put it on high or low and bam! they're done, ready and easy to eat! plus healthy and warm!

I'll be adding more recipes :)
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hm, well you could make a giant salad with all the fixings. You can buy pre-packaged lettuce and spinach already cut, already sliced up carrots, broccoli slaw (or broccoli bits already cut), sugar snap peas in a bag, sunflower seeds, and anything else you usually put on the salad. I think I've seen in the store that they even make sliced oven-baked chicken breast that you can throw on top (or maybe lean cuisine had something that you can put on top?).

Otherwise maybe a pasta with whole wheat noodles and extra veggies on top with ground turkey or sliced chicken breasts?

Or you could make fajitas or tacos? (I made this last night with altering the recipe a bit to use less oil and omit the brown sugar, and it was delicious and took maybe 30 minute from start to finish to make http://cjaneinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/02/chicken-fajitas.html).

I also like the idea of making crockpot recipes if you have time, I adore my crock pot!
  • KristenLAX
    KristenLAX Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about some hummus drizzled with olive oil, whatever veggies you do like, toasted pita bread, chunks of feta, olives and maybe some very thinly sliced good ham or salami? I'd put the hummus in the middle of a big platter and arrange everything else around in. Maybe a salad with with a light lemon vinaigrette too.