How many calories burned for..........

Options
So I'm new to My Fitness Pal and every day I do a 10 minute stand up ab video with some cardio and wall sits, planks, and chair dips. I am not sure how many calories i'm burning and its not on my fitness pal system....can someone help me please??

Thank You

Replies

• Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Without better data, I'd say enter it under "Aerobics, general"
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Go with "Calisthenics Moderate Effort" if you're not breaking a sweat,
    "Vigorous Effort" if you are.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Pretty much none. Certainly not enough to warrant "eating back".
  • jessicalynne25
    Options
    Thank you =)
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    hello there, you might consider investing in a basic heart rate monitor that records calories burned, POLAR FT4 OR FT7 is a good one, also you might want to progressively increase your exercise overtime as you increase your stamina. GOODLUCK and KEEP PUSHING...
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ALSO if you have time please read on this link http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html
    its a great information to start off.

You can also research on flexible dieting/IIFYM for nutrition ideas and food variations.

watch DR. LAYNE NORTON's youtube videos on your spare time regarding fatloss/metabolic adaptation series, tones of infos in there.

MOST IMPORTANTLY GIVE YOURSELF TIME..... fitness should blend in your lifestyle and not consume you nor stress you.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Go with "Calisthenics Moderate Effort" if you're not breaking a sweat,
    "Vigorous Effort" if you are.

^^ This, I do little 10 minute routines using my phone. I log it as "Calisthenics Moderate Effort"
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I log it as light effort unless Im huffing and puffing. Moderate effort if I have trouble and really pushing myself.
    I nearly never log anything as vigerous effort.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Highly recommend you get a HRM that way you will have more accurate cals burned
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

pretty much this.. with only 10 minutes, you might burn 50 calories if you are lucky.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend you get a HRM that way you will have more accurate cals burned

HRMs do not calculate accurate burns for calisthenic-type exercise.
  • jessicalynne25
    Options
    Thank You for all the help, this is really helpful information and good luck to you as well :)
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options

pretty much this.. with only 10 minutes, you might burn 50 calories if you are lucky.

I think 50 cals is worth eating back...if you are on the 1000/day deficit, doubly so if like almost all of us you finish every day with 20-100 cals remaining.
    For example; 1200 cals goal - 50 due to workout = 1150 - 100 that got left uneaten = 1050 NET cals, = 87.5% of your goal.
    Now how many people on here are telling folks trying to eat 1000 cals a day they are harming themselves?
    The less you eat the more important eating it all is.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    hello there, you might consider investing in a basic heart rate monitor that records calories burned, POLAR FT4 OR FT7 is a good one, also you might want to progressively increase your exercise overtime as you increase your stamina. GOODLUCK and KEEP PUSHING...

To the OP, don't bother with a heart rate monitor unless you start doing some steady state cardio (unless you're interested is seeing what your heart rate is) - they're next to useless when estimating calorie expenditure for any other type of exercise.