not losing weight and only on 1200 cal + workout!!

Options
Help! Am I missing something? I'm working out daily, eating only 1200 or less calories, almost No sugar and working out to the pointof dripping sweat daily/ eevery other day

Replies

• Americannabis
    Options
    1) How long have you been doing this?
    2) Is there a real reason to eat under 1,200 calories? Are you really petite or something?
    3) Why no sugar?
    4) What kind of workouts are we talking about? Cardio? Strength?
  • Dboggs166
    Dboggs166 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know this seems weird, but you need to eat more. I was doing the same thing you are and losing weight really slowly. When I upped my calories to 1500 net the weight started falling off. Try it for a couple weeks and see what happens.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Im starting that same thing today hope it works.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The lost weight quickly when I ate more (healthy food of course) and exercise regularly!!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Are you using a digital food scale to weigh everything to track the amount of calories you are consuming? Are you perhaps overestimating exercise calories and eating "back" too much? If you are not using a digital food scale, consistently, and either overestimating calories in exercise, and eating them all back, you may be taking in your maintenance level of calories and thus not losing weight. Lastly, any recent increase in exercise volume, intensity and frequency will lead to temporary water retention to aid in muscle recovery.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I vote for starvation mode!

Eat more calories
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    If your not losing weight, than you are not in a deficit. Get digital food scale and weigh everything.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you're not weighing your food, my guess is that you're way overestimating portions.

Starvation mode is a myth.
  • lucy2021
    Options
    The same thing happens to me this week. I've been eating 1200 calorie & working out daily & the scale didn't move. BUT, I have been taking measurements and lost two inches on my waist a 1/2 inch on my hips and 1/2 inch on my thighs. Sometimes the scale doesn't move because of water retention or whatever reason. Make sure you are measuring your food accurately and keep at it. I recommend measuring to see your body changing from the workouts. I figure this is a marathon, not a sprint. Hope this is helpful.
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    I would definitely keep track of how your body is changing. I am also a big believer in eating to fuel your body and I do not agree that a 1200 cal diet is healthy.

In your workouts are you including weight/resistance training. If not, you should, it has been a proven method of sustained weight loss. (I don't have links to the actual studies but it has been done)

The more muscle you have the fat you burn.