Not new, but starting over!! With Nutriblast!!!!

Options

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters how I do it, or what YOU prefer or think I should do! I think the big picture here is health and making sure you get your proper nutrients in... So, bottom line is your don't have to agree with me.. I am not starving myself... I am trying to better myself.. thanks for all the ppl with supportive feedback! Looking for ppl wth similar interests, not ignorance!

Yes it does matter how you do it. Gimmicks and diets and pills etc do not work. As someone who struggled with obesity/illness for over 20 years, I might know a thing or two about losing and gaining (and it's been far more than 3 times and I destroyed my health in the process). So do the other people commenting who seem "mean" and "unsupportive". Basically, find a PERMANENT healthy lifestyle that you can do forever that takes into account meeting your nutritional needs and providing a small calorie deficit.

There's nothing wrong with finding ways to make your blender useful but it will not be the factor that determines your weight loss (I prefer to focus on "health").
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters how I do it, or what YOU prefer or think I should do! I think the big picture here is health and making sure you get your proper nutrients in... So, bottom line is your don't have to agree with me.. I am not starving myself... I am trying to better myself.. thanks for all the ppl with supportive feedback! Looking for ppl wth similar interests, not ignorance!

I apologize that I had no idea what you were doing, but it isn't ignorance thankyouverymuch! I just prefer not to buy into the silly gadgets and drinks. I prefer to eat my food, educate myself on what should go into my body and move my body. I am sorry if this comes across as ignorance to you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Also how is this nutriblast going to help you lose weight? Looks like a blender to me..

There's another thread.....someone selling a blender saying that is reduces calories...........y e a h .....r i g h t
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I believe it is ignorance because you had no idea what I was doing!! So maybe you should have educated yourself a little on the machine and then you would have realized it is all in good health.. Looking for ppl with the similar interests, not ppl judging!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand the people that sign up on MFP with absolutely no intention on using it as designed. Like.. sign up here, start using Visalus or some other garbage. Refuse to count, but complain here about it when they aren't losing.

Why not just do it the long-lasting right way?

...and no, this isn't judging you. You're just gonna be back here again when you get tired of the "nutriblast" product and things that blend. As amazing as the infomercials are for that little blender, you can't buy weight loss.

Bottom line? Change your life, change your expectations, change your outcome.

You can't buy weight loss in 6 easy payments of 19.99.. even if it does come with two 32 oz bottles.
  • katielangley
    Options

Yes it does matter how you do it. Gimmicks and diets and pills etc do not work. As someone who struggled with obesity/illness for over 20 years, I might know a thing or two about losing and gaining (and it's been far more than 3 times and I destroyed my health in the process). So do the other people commenting who seem "mean" and "unsupportive". Basically, find a PERMANENT healthy lifestyle that you can do forever that takes into account meeting your nutritional needs and providing a small calorie deficit.

There's nothing wrong with finding ways to make your blender useful but it will not be the factor that determines your weight loss (I prefer to focus on "health").
    Look it up on youtube so you know what it is if you are concerned.. It is not a diet or pills, no gimmicks..
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think that she just wants us to buy the blender...
  • katielangley
    Options
    Nope sry, I have a job... and it's not selling blenders...lol
  • tracywintn
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and my kids actually ask for smoothies with spinach in them! I blended 1 frozen banana and 8 grams of peanut butter this afternoon to make "ice cream". It was good-but I'm not a huge fan of banana ice cream so don't know I thought I would like it better. I have made ice cream with frozen fresh fruit, a little milk and vanilla-even my husband likes it. I use my blender to get my fruits/veg in. I am not a huge fan of them so this way I can get more of them at once. I thought the weight would just drop off me when I got it (not sure why I thought that...lol) but counting cals/exercising is what is working. I still love my Vitamix though and don't regret buying it at all! They have sugar free caramel syrup (like for coffee drinks) in the coffee isle of the grocery store. Cut up an apple (remove the seeds/stem) and put in a little lemon juice and a little of the caramel syrup and blend...it's like a caramel apple applesauce----really really good!!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I opened this topic because of the six exclamation points in the subject line. So far, it has been everything I've hoped for.
  • katielangley
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and my kids actually ask for smoothies with spinach in them! I blended 1 frozen banana and 8 grams of peanut butter this afternoon to make "ice cream". It was good-but I'm not a huge fan of banana ice cream so don't know I thought I would like it better. I have made ice cream with frozen fresh fruit, a little milk and vanilla-even my husband likes it. I use my blender to get my fruits/veg in. I am not a huge fan of them so this way I can get more of them at once. I thought the weight would just drop off me when I got it (not sure why I thought that...lol) but counting cals/exercising is what is working. I still love my Vitamix though and don't regret buying it at all! They have sugar free caramel syrup (like for coffee drinks) in the coffee isle of the grocery store. Cut up an apple (remove the seeds/stem) and put in a little lemon juice and a little of the caramel syrup and blend...it's like a caramel apple applesauce----really really good!!

That is awesome.. Yes my son like them also.. we call it the monster drink since it is green..:) I know I will not drop weight from using this, but I know it will help me get all of my important nutrients throughout the day.. I love that I feel better, and I am using so many more seeds, nuts and veggies that before I would never consume..
  • tracywintn
    Options
    [/quote]

That is awesome.. Yes my son like them also.. we call it the monster drink since it is green..:) I know I will not drop weight from using this, but I know it will help me get all of my important nutrients throughout the day.. I love that I feel better, and I am using so many more seeds, nuts and veggies that before I would never consume..
    [/quote]

I knew exactly what you meant when you wrote this post. I think it's great anytime someone finds a way to incorporate more fruits/veg into their diet...I knew you weren't just drinking your cals trying for a quick fix. I don't know if you can make taco soup in yours but it's so good.....chicken broth, just about any vegetable you can think of and some taco seasoning and blend like crazy. Then pulse in some corn, black beans and a little chicken. OMG, I love that soup and it has nothing bad at all in it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I love the Nutribullet as well. I don't attribute it to any weight loss, but it isn't a gimmick. It's just a quicker way to get your meals/nutrients/snacks in. Nothing wrong with that.

I make a smoothie every evening and look forward to it every evening.
  • katielangley
    Options

[/quote]

I knew exactly what you meant when you wrote this post. I think it's great anytime someone finds a way to incorporate more fruits/veg into their diet...I knew you weren't just drinking your cals trying for a quick fix. I don't know if you can make taco soup in yours but it's so good.....chicken broth, just about any vegetable you can think of and some taco seasoning and blend like crazy. Then pulse in some corn, black beans and a little chicken. OMG, I love that soup and it has nothing bad at all in it.
    [/quote]
    Now that sounds gross..haha..lol I wrote it the way I did to only get the attention of other ppl who blasted to get more ideas on what fruits and vegetables to try.. What ppl don't stop and think is that it is no different than drinking your protein powder... Why not just eat protein, why do you have to drink it...lol Stupid comments, I will never understand! :)
  • katielangley
    Options
    I love the Nutribullet as well. I don't attribute it to any weight loss, but it isn't a gimmick. It's just a quicker way to get your meals/nutrients/snacks in. Nothing wrong with that.

I make a smoothie every evening and look forward to it every evening.
    I agree,,, I have it in the mornings, and it has replaced my coffee that is horrible for me due to the calories and sweeteners that are in my creamer.. I had not intended to give up the coffee I love so much, but it just worked out that way... Love it!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the support guys.. No I am not blending all of my food.. It is an easy breakfast replacement for me since I always skipped breakfast in the past!!

I still don't get how the blender is going to help you lose weight. If you were skipping breakfast in the past and now you are drinking your breakfast, aren't you now consuming MORE calories for the day? Don't get it. Guess I'm ignorant. :(
  • katielangley
    Options
    Wow thanks for the support guys.. No I am not blending all of my food.. It is an easy breakfast replacement for me since I always skipped breakfast in the past!!

I still don't get how the blender is going to help you lose weight. If you were skipping breakfast in the past and now you are drinking your breakfast, aren't you now consuming MORE calories for the day? Don't get it. Guess I'm ignorant. :(
    The "blender" is not going to help me lose weight..It's going to help me to increase my fruits and vegetables that I normally would not get. My calories intake in staying within my range given.. and eating breakfast is a good thing.. If you skip breakfast your body wants to go into starvation mode and in return your are at a much higher risk crash eating and over eating in the evening... Normally unhealthy foods..
  • trogalicious
    Options
    If you skip breakfast your body wants to go into starvation mode and in return your are at a much higher risk crash eating and over eating in the evening... Normally unhealthy foods..
    opinion. Not fact. Maybe part of the reason you're doing this while thing again. Stop spreading bad information. Believe it if you want, since none of us can tell you anything anyway.
  • katielangley
    Options
    If you skip breakfast your body wants to go into starvation mode and in return your are at a much higher risk crash eating and over eating in the evening... Normally unhealthy foods..
    opinion. Not fact. Maybe part of the reason you're doing this while thing again. Stop spreading bad information. Believe it if you want, since none of us can tell you anything anyway.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/431003-can-skipping-breakfast-cause-you-to-gain-weight/
  • trogalicious
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/431003-can-skipping-breakfast-cause-you-to-gain-weight/
    how bout a legit journal...?