Frustrated and totally disgusted with myself

Options
Hi guys. I always like to stay in the background and read what others have to say but tonight I am so frustrated I decided to reach out for help.I cannot seem to get myself in control of my eating habits.I exercise atleast 4x per week but sabotage myself with food. I get so stress because of lower back pain .I am a emotional eater and I do not not what to do to get myself in control. I am so sick of my lack of self control.

Replies

• mandikaye
    mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh, I feel your pain.

I can't offer a quick fix or any good words of advice. Just know that you're not alone. And one day, when your brain and your body and your emotions are ready, you'll be able to control it.

Don't give up.
  • Brad592
    Brad592 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Can I ask where you are getting this food from?
    Fast food or from home?
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You have to get control of yourself...

I've learned this with my addiction to food, alcohol, and tobacco.

Find friends to support you, friends that you can turn to. Get a hobby, mine is reading.

Put your big girl pants on, and get it in check.
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a private email message on My Fitness Pal. I want to share some encouragement with you.
  • Vikkiiza
    Options
    I too am sitting here tonight frustrated with myself. I will do really well for several days and then blow it. I am obviously not the person to be giving advice but I can offer some encouragement... Your efforts are not in vain. Think about all of the good choices you make every day. Don't give up, hang in there and keep on plugging along. At least you are aware of what you need to do. Tomorrow is another day!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I found myself in my pantry many times throughout the day just grabbing a little snack here and there. On top of that I have two kids that have two snacks a day and sometimes they really want things like goldfish. I know if may not be much of an eye opener but the logging really helped me. I remind myself before I eat anything I am going to have to log it and then I can't have anything later that day. I always want a little something good at night.

Once I started losing weight, it was a big motivator to stop the senseless snacking. I do not cut anything completely out of my diet either so I can still enjoy things in moderation.
  • Spuggy38
    Spuggy38 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys really appreciate all your input.
  • Spuggy38
    Options
    Hawkeye I needed that just put my big girl pants on and ready to push forward.thank you I
  • briniepoo
    briniepoo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had lower back pain, and I went to doctors for help, and it never helped. My sister then said to go to a chiropractor, and I did.
    It was a miracle!! He cracked and click and said that one hip was lower than the other, and rotated forward, that was what was causing my sciatica, lower back pain and that. Maybe go see one if you havent already.
  • Spuggy38
    Options
    Brad it's usually food from home after I've logged my food for the day this wanting to eat just takes over.