Appetite Suppressants

Options
I usually wake up hungry and have been using espresso as an appetite suppressant until I can get to breakfast. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk for a little filler. I was curious if anyone else has a 'non-diet pill' appetite suppressant trick.

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    I think a lot of us guzzle water. I drink coffee or tea sometimes.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I used to drink diet pepsi....constantly! Now, I'm just drinking water! No more caffeine and no more aspartame! I do find the water is as thirst quenching and satisfying as the soda, too.
  • forswearitssight
    forswearitssight Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Water and hot tea work best for me. I can't have caffeine, so no soda or coffee for me.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water and, if I REALLY need to chew on something, I have a piece of gum.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Mine is a morning protein shake...
  • reginabroyles
    Options
    aspertame is evil! Im allergic to it, causes migrains. Its in alot of stuff to! Sugar free Koolaid, gum, alot of stuff thats sugar free. EVIL stuff!
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I know its been said already but water is super helpful. I usually add lime, lemon, raspberries or cucumber for a little flavor.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    hot herbal tea is your friend...............it certainly is mine.
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    I drink coffee as an appetite suppressant.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    chew gum. It works, I do not know why.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Usually kills it for me.
  • sp33
    sp33 Posts: 10
    Options
    i'm a coffee drinker and that usually does it for me. drinking water in the afternoon to push away the munchies helps a lot. also use dr. oz's advice of eating a handful of almonds or walnuts 20min. before dinner to lessen the amount i eat . i am trying to get breakfast in earlier to jump start my metabolism, but with getting the kids off to school it's not that easy. i've come a long way since not eating until almost lunch, not a morning or breakfast person. now i try to get a piece of whole grain toast in with the coffee.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    aspertame is evil! Im allergic to it, causes migrains. Its in alot of stuff to! Sugar free Koolaid, gum, alot of stuff thats sugar free. EVIL stuff!

OK, fine, but this doesn't address the question asked. You told us what you don't do, what DO you do?

I typically do the water and/or coffee thing. I also start each morning with a Chobani Greek Yogurt (nonfat). Lots of protein, not too many calories, easy to grab and eat... I count it either as breakfast, or a pre-breakfast snack depending on the day.