Weighing more in the morning

Options
I know that weight can fluctuate a few pounds each day, but in my head that means you weigh less in the morning and more at night.

Well... just out of interest, last night I weighed myself. This morning I did it again and the scales said 4lb more this morning than last night.

Isn't that backwards? Or does anyone else get the same?

Replies

• channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh less in the morning than i do at night

I think it can depend on if you have eaten, drank any thing and to put it polietly if you need to go to the loo or havent been yet
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Generally yes. Unless you consumed a high sodium dinner, for instance. Or it could be hormonal, or many other things. Unless you weigh your self consistently you are not going to know why you are up or down. Twice isn't going to tell you anything. Expect what you weighed at those two points in time.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me previously, and realistically, it has to just be a quirk of the scales. It's a physical impossibility that we add weight while sleeping - unless you're a somnambulist who heads to the kitchen through his zzzzzz's.
    Even the sodium argument won't work. Salt can't draw in water that isn't already in the body (and hence weighing you down before bed) can it?

It has to just be a measurement error.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious debate?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Time for a new scale.