Strength Training... inquiry

Options
So I have begun strength training, doing a 30 day challenge.. and I usually jog everyday or dance depending on the weather for cardio. I began all this last week, and I know I will not see huge results immediately... however I am noticing that I seem to be getting a bit bigger. I am eating within my caloric intake, eating clean, yadda yadda... anywho... I was wondering if this is water weight I am seeing, will it drop off at some point here? It can not be muscle building already. I love working out, but I am afraid of not being able to fit into my clothes anymore. :(

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    As you suspect, it's water weight. Just stick with your routine and don't worry about when the number will subside Because you're goal is to lose pounds from fat, not water .

Bonus note: I can't imagine what type of beginning strength routine incorporates a 30 Day challenge. Find a solid full body routine and start a lifelong challenge
  • Angel_Cake25
    Angel_Cake25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Bonus note: I can't imagine what type of beginning strength routine incorporates a 30 Day challenge. Find a solid full body routine and start a lifelong challenge
    I am far from a beginner. I can manage my own routine, thank you. I am doing a 30 day challenge for fun.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

I am far from a beginner. I can manage my own routine, thank you. I am doing a 30 day challenge for fun.

Not to be a b**ch but saying 'I 'seem' to be getting bigger' without an indication of how (clothes, scale etc) after a week of starting a challenge is a very 'noob' sounding thing to say, you cant blame the guy. If youre far from a beginner than Im sure you have already experienced water weight before.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Perhaps she likes asking noob questions for fun too?