Anyone here a size 14? (Especially taller ladies!)

Options
Hey all! I happened to sort of inherit a dress in a size 14 (seems to be true to size) and I've been using it as a motivational tool. It'd be perfect for an event later in the year, so I'm curious to know around what weight you were a size 14. (I'm currently 5'8", and I was a 16 at about 215 pounds.)

Sorry if this is way too personal.

Replies

• jolyjo296
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 5 ft 8 myself and really a size 14 although won't quite admit it, still trying to squeeze myself into my size 12. :blushing:
    I'm currently 12 st 5 lbs, although haven't weighed myself for a few weeks! Really trying to lose my stomach more than anything else as I am quite happy with the rest of my body. Finding it hard though as I LOVE food and it seems everything I eat just puts weight on in my tummy area :sad:

Answer to your question... Well it depends really what kind of shape your body is, I mean size 14 trousers are too big for me, although a 14 top is probably about the right size for me at my current weight (Mainly to hide the Jelly Belly)

Hope this helps. x
  • sarzo14
    sarzo14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think when I got down to 190lbs I could fit into 14. I'm now about 165 and I wear a size 12, and I't a bit loose, but it depends on the pants. The ones I have I'm swimming in, but the others I can barely fit in. I started with abou 210lbs and I wore a size 16. Not sure but for me it was 20lbs for one pant size :O
    Oh and I'm 5'10"
    And like the post before me says: I'm a pear shaped woman, and I carry most of my weight on my but and hips :D So I usualy have larger pants than shirts (M shirt, but 12 pants - which is L or XL?)
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    im 5'9, 218 lbs, tight size 15 haha
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I am a comfortable 14 around 170 -175lb.
    Sometimes a 12 depending on the cut, as I am not particularly massive in the boobage department.
    I do have a fairly broad build, with big feet and long monkey arms. :-D
  • LeilaB8
    LeilaB8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft8 and have been jumping around between size 12, 14 and 16 for most of my life now. I would say that size 14 for me is between 11.5 stones and 12 stones, I'm a little more than 12.8 stones now and size14 is tight :(
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 200.6 pounds as of last week, and right on the borderline between size 16 an 14. i figure an other 5-7 pounds and I'll be comfortably in size 14 jeans; depending on the cut/style there are some 14s I could fit into now but I don't want to wear an Old Navy "stroke your vanity" size 14 - I'd rather wait till I'm in a Levi's 14 IYKWIM :laugh:
  • silenceinspace
    silenceinspace Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow--thanks everyone! It's really interesting to see the pretty large variety in weights that all count as one size.
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you are talking about a UK size 14 (which is not the same as a US 14 which is bigger). I'm 5'8" and 10 stone 9lb (149lbs) having hit my goal on Christmas Eve last year. I wear a UK 12. I'm an apple shape and hold my weight around my middle and am almost hipless. I was a 14 at just under 12 stone and can still wear two fitted dresses that are a 14 as they still look good.

I started out a UK 28 (size 20 when I joined MFP) so being a 12 is a big difference and I'm still getting my head around fitting in clothes that are sold at ordinary shops. Do you like the dress?
  • silenceinspace
    Options
    I'm guessing you are talking about a UK size 14 (which is not the same as a US 14 which is bigger). I'm 5'8" and 10 stone 9lb (149lbs) having hit my goal on Christmas Eve last year. I wear a UK 12. I'm an apple shape and hold my weight around my middle and am almost hipless. I was a 14 at just under 12 stone and can still wear two fitted dresses that are a 14 as they still look good.

I started out a UK 28 (size 20 when I joined MFP) so being a 12 is a big difference and I'm still getting my head around fitting in clothes that are sold at ordinary shops. Do you like the dress?

I should have specified that, sorry! I did indeed mean a US size 14/UK size 16. I'll edit the original post to reflect that.

I'm more of a pear shape, for what it's worth. I knew I would get a wide range of answers, but some of these are 75 pounds apart! Pretty crazy stuff, but it's all very interesting.

I was a UK 28 at the start too! I'm about a UK 20/22 now, I think. I'm really looking forward to shopping in "normal" shops again, so I get you there!

Yes, I love it! I'm willing to wait to fit into it too. I'll link to the image since it's rather big: http://d13jt51kuwfzhh.cloudfront.net/assets/5692246/original.jpg

ETA: I mean a US 14/UK 16. Can't edit the OP now as too much time has passed. Sorry for the confusion!
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm a shade shorter than you at 5' 7", I weigh 185lbs and I wear a UK size 14 from most shops. It does depend a little on how your weight is distributed- mine is pretty even.
  • wozkaa
    Options
    Oh. Duh.
    I'm in Australia, and without looking it up have no idea what a US or UK size that is! LOL
    I didn't even think about that..
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I was a size 14 US about 8 years ago. I weighed 190ish and I'm 5"8

Lost almost 30 lbs 7 yrs ago and maintained. Then joined MFP and lost 13 more lbs.

I'm now 157 lbs
  • iggylove123
    Options
    I was a size 14 when I weighed 190-200 pounds. I'm 5'9.5"! I got down to a size 10 when I hit 170 and below! :)
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    im a uk 14 and im 5.9 ish at about 200lbs im a size 12-14 (stretchy tops tho ha)
  • silenceinspace
    Options
    Oh. Duh.
    I'm in Australia, and without looking it up have no idea what a US or UK size that is! LOL
    I didn't even think about that..

Apparently a US 14 is an AUS 18. An AUS 14 is a US 10.

Agh! Sizes. haha
  • wozkaa
    Options
    Really? Holy smokes that's confusing. It's as bad as shoe sizes...
  • spike766
    spike766 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya - sounds like you've got a great recent to lose weight!

I'm 5'9", broad shouldered, and quite "square" in cross section ie I don't have child-bearing hips. I am currently 173 lbs, and can fit into large UK 14s, but wouldn't say I was a true 14. Last year when I was successfully losing, I could fit into any 14 at all when I was 161 lbs. It might have been possible sooner, but my thighs are always the last bit to slim down.

Good luck with your progress :-)
  • spike766
    spike766 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya - sounds like you've got a great recent to lose weight!

I'm 5'9", broad shouldered, and quite "square" in cross section ie I don't have child-bearing hips. I am currently 173 lbs, and can fit into large UK 14s, but wouldn't say I was a true 14. Last year when I was successfully losing, I could fit into any 14 at all when I was 161 lbs. It might have been possible sooner, but my thighs are always the last bit to slim down.

Good luck with your progress :-)

Update: I've just read the rest of the comments (sorry) and realised you were talking US 14. I can easily fit in that now, so given that you're slightly shorter than me, and obviously depending on your shape, and that of the dress, I reckon at 190lbs you'd probably do it easily.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    International sizes get confusing! Currently I'm mainly an AUS 14. US 10. UK 12 (according to an international conversion site this is). I'm 170cm/ 5'7" and currently sitting right around 95kg/210lbs. I was an AUS 16 /UK 14 when I was around 100 - 105kg.

I have lost a lot of weight, 54kg/119lbs to date and I started out in a size AUS 24 - 26 so I am also a little amazed at what sizes fit me now!
  • Chopstheduck
    Chopstheduck Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was a US 14 at around the weight you are now, though I am a bit taller than you at 5"11.

I think it is hard to go on the scales. I've been hovering around 196lbs for around 6 months now, but I have dropped down two dress sizes and I'm now a UK 12 on top, UK 14 for jeans.

If you do strength work, weights etc, you will soon reach your goal :D