Protein and Carbohydrates Question

Options
So i have been noticing that when i check my calorie breakdown on the app I seem to be eating more carbohydrates then protein.

What can I do to eat more protein daily and less carbs?

Replies

• strum261
    strum261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just look for more high protein foods, lean meats, greek yogurt, eggs, etc. If I have a question like that I usually google it. Good luck on your journey.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Could you change your diary settings to "public" and we can give more tailored and specific suggestions?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I snack on lots of almond nuts??? Cottage cheese? Eggs??

Greek yoghurt? Turkey? Chicken?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    That's easy...and gets easier as you go forward.

Choose more protien ie greek yogurt, fish, chicken, turkey, cheese, milk, eggs.

My diary is open if you wish to take a look.

Often times at breakfast when I have steak and eggs I wont have toast and hashbrowns, I just have hashbrowns.

As supper I eat the lean protien and veggies with no potatoes or rice.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    My private investigator says eat more foods with more protein and less foods with carbs.....
  • angel1776
    angel1776 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Can I ask re salt please?

I made homemade yorkshire pudding last night, using 100gr plain flour, 1 egg, half teaspoon salt and 250ml milk. Cooked using about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. This was then cut into 6 of which I had one.

When adding to my food diary, I had to kind of guess, so I used someone elses generic homemade and guessed for size, 3 puddings (figured they would be about the same)

My sodium for yesterday is showing minus 637!!! These yorkshires are showing as about 1700!!!!

Can anyone advise me..... is this actually a true reflection or have I guessed wrong?

I also seem to be very low on potassium and a few other vitamins..... does anyone know what this would do to the body? As I suffer really bad womens problems, just had a D+C op but am cramping real bad last 4 days and even more blood loss than usual. Now I am feeling really thirsty all the time too. Apart from this I feel really well.
  • Coastcatibi
    Options
    I lost 15kgs over 2-3 mths last year and have maintained the weight loss. I now want to lose some more weight - am repeating the 1st stage of my food programme. I cut out all carbohydrates for 5 days or so.

Each morning I cook low fat and salt ham, half onion and two eggs with 5gms each of bbq and sweet chilly sauce. (using a little spray oil and no toast). I have had this breakfast every morning for over a year, sometimes replacing the ham with tinned tuna.

Lunch is two thin pancakes made from 1 large egg, 2 tsps oat bran, enough lite milk to double the volume and beat well. i fill these with 50gms low-fat cottage cheese, a tin of tuna between the 2 pancakes, slices red onion, a squish of low-fat mayo, a drizzle of sweet chilly sauce, and then I roll them up like a crepe. Eat with a couple of picked onions or gerkhins. I have this for lunch every day when at home. Tuna can be replaced by other protein e.g. cooked fish, low-fat/salt ham, any other meaty dish leftovers. (again use spray oil and no bread.

I go to the doctor regularly to get tests on my cholesterol ( it has actually gone down even though I eat 3 eggs a day), liver, kidneys.

Always have protein snacks handy in the fridge - I make ham crisps in the microwave, mini meatballs are always in the fridge. Cottage cheese can be eaten savoury or sweet. I buy only natural yoghurt and that too can then be eaten either savoury or sweet. (I use Stevia)

Hope this helps :) just always be mindful of what you are eating. Now that you are aware of your eating, that will follow naturally.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Can I ask re salt please?

I made homemade yorkshire pudding last night, using 100gr plain flour, 1 egg, half teaspoon salt and 250ml milk. Cooked using about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. This was then cut into 6 of which I had one.

When adding to my food diary, I had to kind of guess, so I used someone elses generic homemade and guessed for size, 3 puddings (figured they would be about the same)

My sodium for yesterday is showing minus 637!!! These yorkshires are showing as about 1700!!!!

Can anyone advise me..... is this actually a true reflection or have I guessed wrong?

I also seem to be very low on potassium and a few other vitamins..... does anyone know what this would do to the body? As I suffer really bad womens problems, just had a D+C op but am cramping real bad last 4 days and even more blood loss than usual. Now I am feeling really thirsty all the time too. Apart from this I feel really well.

Potassium - this is never shown on food labels so the users on MFP dont know how much to put in. You may be consuming more potassium than realising. Ditto sodium, cholesterol, calcium. I would revise things on another website or on a Google search.

Thirst - limit yourself to around 2 litres of fluids a day. The body doesnt need more. Some people who drink a lot more often have the sensation of feeling thirsty even when actually they arent (i.e lacking water). Drinking too much is not good for you.
  • latachuela
    latachuela Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone that replied and gave suggestions.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Take bacon and place between two slices of bread, remove bread and in its place add burgers. Add cheese, more bacon and extra cheese to taste.
  • hotrodhoodlum28
    hotrodhoodlum28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Easy .. No bread , potatoes, rice , sugar
  • Coastcatibi
    Options
    Hi Latachuela (hope I got that right)

After many years of a weight problem, yo-yo-ing up and down, progressively getting bigger even though I eat a well balanced diet. I turned my back on so called diets that restrict calories so much that you are starving yourself - that is not good for you,. That is not a real life! and do not believe in these anymore.

Last year someone told me about a certain food programme that is initially high in protein to promote weight loss but then aims to reintroduce all types of food back into daily use. I was skeptical but I researched it thoroughly and because it didm't involve starving yourself, I gave it a go.

It worked a treat for me. I had finally found what works for me. But it is not over in a few weeks but is a life time commitment to a little bit of planning and organisation in your life. A little price to pay for getting g back to normal weight.

You need to find what works for you. Good luck ….